Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-25-2020, 11:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paronga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just had a chance to install this. It's a game changer. Thank you so much. I could see past the blur, but now that i've seen it sharp, I can't go back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks a lot.

Is it worth also doing EQ Classic HD? would doing that add anything?

I'm just curious, I went to the wiki page Visual Enhancements. Are all of these still valid?

I'm thinking I want to do 4x HD and Classic HD. Are any of these other mods much of a difference? I wouldn't dare want the luclin models, but there is a section there about luclin textures. I'm assuming these HD ones are better quality? I'm not interested in custom content either I don't think. The luclin spells look nice, but I'm not sure I want that either.

What's everyone else's setup?
Yes EQ Classic HD is good with this, just put it in your files before the 4X HD as some files are reused with Classic HD but have some additional fixes or upscales. The Luclin models are just model corrections and that old way doesnt work on P99 anylonger. It does nothing to upscale and correct the texture files. These aren't custom textures they are all Low but mainly High res textures created by SOE/Verant somethings were fixed in gimp but nothing was out of scale and mainly just signs.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:24 AM
Orc

I actually grabbed everything new again when you released velious as well. I was just wondering if applying the optional water fix over the latest files would revert any of the latest fixes.

Thanks again for all your work, I love the sharpness and detail, Skyshrine for instance looks soo much better.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually grabbed everything new again when you released velious as well. I was just wondering if applying the optional water fix over the latest files would revert any of the latest fixes.

Thanks again for all your work, I love the sharpness and detail, Skyshrine for instance looks soo much better.
I did some water updates, today i added feerrot as i must of forgot to do that one.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

While the world looks so much better, I'm having crashing issues in every city i've been in now. Playing on a MacBook however. But so far i'm just dealing with it because the world just looks so dang good.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhfleming92 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While the world looks so much better, I'm having crashing issues in every city i've been in now. Playing on a MacBook however. But so far i'm just dealing with it because the world just looks so dang good.
I've thoroughly vetted most of the main city's and have played non stop since i uploaded this. I've fixed zones that had issues a few weeks ago Like Freeports textures were loading to large so over a few weeks or times zoning it would crash. If you have a specific zone that crashes alot after you get a fresh folder copy of EQ and reinstall everything. Make a copy of that, for some reason about every 2 months I have issues and just copy my UI files over and keep going.

Then if you have specific zone issues like say KaladimB or something always crashing on a fresh install shot me a PM and I'll look into it for you.

You might want to try to get a fresh copy of your Everquest folder and reinstall the 4X HD files. IDK why but when I was doing all the work it seemed about every few weeks the old folder would give me crash issues.

I've also turned off texture cashing and that seemed to help alot. I can't say as to if the issue is mac specific otherwise as I do not own that computer system.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Awesome ty for the suggestions!
Old 04-15-2020, 09:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhfleming92 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's a different game honestly.

My partner has recently started playing with me. On a 2011 macbook pro, she is experiencing crashing too. We were only hanging out in Freeport and EC.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I might try going through them to see if I can get it working. Currently, we're happy with the SD version for now.

Thanks for all the work!
Old 04-30-2020, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

This pack is great. I like it a lot.

I don't know if it's just me though, but the female high elf chain skirts look rather bad compared to the other character textures. I'll have to compare it to EQClassicHD or Chebby/Psycher's textures, but I don't remember them looking like that in those packs.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zherot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I don't have a 4k Monitor should I bother with the 4k textures at all or just download the High resolution textures?
This is a Texture pack not a resolution pack. This will improve your textures at any resolution. Give it a try, I bet you'll like it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2020, 01:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulghor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This pack is great. I like it a lot.

I don't know if it's just me though, but the female high elf chain skirts look rather bad compared to the other character textures. I'll have to compare it to EQClassicHD or Chebby/Psycher's textures, but I don't remember them looking like that in those packs.
The Character models are the exact same, I didn't mess with their corrections only added in a few fixes to untouched armor but mostly the pets. Psycher's textures we're never fully completed when he was doing this project at the start of green. Others added to that pack and it was a mess all over the place. To each their own for sure though =)