Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much does this trigger some of you?

Stating a fact that we played, or some of you still do play a 21 year old emulated game shouldn't be a trigger. It's....the truth rofl.

Heck I still hit up DOSBOX and smash some Whacky Wheels on my Mobile.

Let's not be so PC people.
What does the age of a game have to do with people being upset?
Is it OK to be upset in a game that is new but never when it is old?

Perhaps it is dealing with idiots that believe this fallacy that upsets them?
Perhaps it is hearing the fallacy over and over again that upsets them?
Old 04-12-2020, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

People shame projecting playing a 20+ year old elf sim while windowed-out of the same game in the midst of arguing with some asshole gnome about a stationary group of ogres in a half-completed zone inside of a 21 year old elf sim.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm old, so I used to play actual Sim- games, like SimFarm or SimCity. In fact, I'm so old that when I say that, I don't mean any of the new-fangled versions like "SimCity 2000": I mean the original SimCity.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I haven't played them in awhile, but even so every once in awhile when I read some post here about "elf sims", instead of thinking of EQ I start to imagine Sim-Elf (like a fantasy version of Sim-City) ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Banned

over 250000 sold!!
Old 04-12-2020, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

It's because it means in part that everything is done and nobody should be as caught up in what's now a casual pastime. If people got passionate about Pantheon (when its new) and "beat" a new game then it's fundamentally different than playing Mario 1 for the 100th time after every guide has been exhausted and cheat revealed.

In short, there's no glory, nothing to conquer, and no pride to be found. So, you don't deserve to show pride and if you do it probably means your list of people to send holiday cards to is very, very short.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibelia1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
over 250000 sold!!
a flop on consoles.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

This is a game to you people?!
Old 04-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Because people here pretend they don't want instancing but they cry when they don't get 20 year old pixels at their convenience
Old 04-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because it means in part that everything is done and nobody should be as caught up in what's now a casual pastime. If people got passionate about Pantheon (when its new) and "beat" a new game then it's fundamentally different than playing Mario 1 for the 100th time after every guide has been exhausted and cheat revealed.

In short, there's no glory, nothing to conquer, and no pride to be found. So, you don't deserve to show pride and if you do it probably means your list of people to send holiday cards to is very, very short.
It's pwning once the first groups went through, did the things to feel prideful about, declared it done then found interest forum pwning people getting their sloppy seconds.

That is our generation of gamers. Hey, least you guys are not on Reddit crying about people hurting your feelings in games that have no where near the hook original EQ does... because internet anon went out the window for selfies and status updates so this online shit is for really reals.

"Why are they so mean to me in call of duty?"
Old 04-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

All you haters are just mad I have a better Minecraft world than you do....all made on survival mode!
Closed Thread