Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm just curious what your opinion is....those kids that died in video game cafes...the owner/management of those cafes weren't responsible at all?
Not any more than RedBull is responsible for people who die in wingsuiting accidents, no.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Banned

I mean look at GDQ guys. You think people who can speedrun super metroid blindfolded didn't risk their mental and physical health to be able to do that? Is that Nintendo's fault? You have to take these things to their logical conclusions, it's easy to get emotionally hijacked when somebody is saying they are depressed from a game. And it's not easy to tactfully find a way to suggest it's not the game's fault, but it's still what you should do.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

I started enjoying this game a lot more when I pretended that Manastone didnt exist.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not any more than RedBull is responsible for people who die in wingsuiting accidents, no.
Or car manufacturers for drunk driving deaths

...or gun manufacturers for gun deaths...
Old 05-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started enjoying this game a lot more when I pretended that Manastone didnt exist.
This is the truth lol.

But why remove legacy items in the first place? So silly to me. Nothing game breaking. Mask lets fat races move around in dungeons. BP has regen, but it aint a fungi. Manastone doesn't progress with us in to Kunark, and it gets nerfed to no longer work in Planes. Yes I know there some gating to classic zones shenanigans, but who cares.

The only legacy item I feel makes sence is Lustruous Russet. It was created as a Warrior set. The designers commented in the patch notes from 1999 that it was never intended to be wearable by ALL plate and mail classes. It is a set that is very highly tuned for some of those classes..
Old 05-07-2020, 08:15 PM
Banned

Why ? people play here to experience content they never got a chance to on live ( For the most part )

i play a vanilla wow server and most that come to play on the server never saw naxx

People want a manastone because they never had one on live, and its truly an amazing item.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So very responsible? If red bull didn't pay their way, they wouldn't have died doing it.

Quote:
Or car manufacturers for drunk driving deaths

...or gun manufacturers for gun deaths...
if car manufacturers made alcohol checks mandatory, I bet we'd see a drop in drunk driving deaths. If gun manufacturers stopped making guns, I bet no one would die from gun.

I also think there's a difference in *enabling* behavior and someone using a product against its intentions. Enabling players to wait 72+hours and be awake the whole time is bad. Devs can make a system that doesn't enable that.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

You could just make a dark elf if thats what you want.

Cobalt bracer is better for warriors anyway. Guise is crap item. You lose your racial bonuses while using it. It wasn't worth camping in april. It was over 30 hours often for folks. You are better off, friend.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could just make a dark elf if thats what you want.

Cobalt bracer is better for warriors anyway. Guise is crap item. You lose your racial bonuses while using it. It wasn't worth camping in april. It was over 30 hours often for folks. You are better off, friend.
You don't lose Frontal Stun Immunity or Regen, as those are Racial modifiers, but Slam is Visualrace mod, so it goes away when losing your big form... but Warriors have kick, so its good for warriors.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Aviak

To respond specifically to BlackBellamy and any of those who don't have my point of view.

While I appreciate your advice and attempt at getting my head in the right place, unfortunately for some people like myself games like EverQuest are one of my only sources of happiness and motivation in my life due to the situation I am in.

I brought up my physical health specifically for one reason and that was to clarify why I didn't just chalk this up as an unlucky experience and just hold out a couple of years for the next server. Unfortunately due to my disease, my chances at getting to see the launch of Green 2.0 are not very good. I didn't post this solely to cry and get sympathy tears believe it or not. In fact, even with my circumstances, I rarely get truly depressed lately. Call it what you like, but not getting a Guise before Legacy item removal is one of the rare occurrences that really knocked the wind out of me.

I had my warrior epic pre-Luclin on live. The whole reason I am depressed about the mask is because the item has been discontinued. Like I pointed out previously, a lot of this pixel obsession is in our head and is linked in large part to how we perceive it.

I understand getting an epic on this server is something not everyone is going to experience, but the fact that the item is "still obtainable" lets my brain stop obsessing over obtaining it. Precisely why I was not obsessed with a manastone, because I know that obtaining one is at the very least possible even after legacy item removal.

I know GM events are a long shot for anyone involved, but just knowing that there could be a possibility of GM events happening throughout the year, no matter how slim the chance, helps to allow my brain to focus on other things.

So at this point, the best I can do if I want to hold onto this dream of mine, while also not focusing on it so much that it takes away from my ability to enjoy the game with friends and family, is to campaign for GM events.

I still stand by the idea, being that this is a free to play project, maybe the reason why there has not been GM events recently is because the administration for any myriad of reasons lacks the desire or motivation to interact with and reward the players. Personally, rather than just give up and assume it may never happen, I would rather try to work with the powers that be to see what we have to do as players to increase GM interaction and special events by showing them that we are invested in the server and the community.

We don't know Project 1999's situation. We don't know how well donations are doing. For all we know there is a possibility that a lot of the infrastructure for this server may still come out of pocket. Regardless, I am doing my best to stay positive, move forward with the game as best I can while also not completely giving up on my basically lifelong EverQuest goals.

TL;DR: I am too sick to go "get a life". EverQuest is one of, if not my favorite game of all time. One of the only things I always wanted to do on this game was to have a Guise of the Deceiver on my warrior. It is the main reason I decided to come back and play the Classic era on Green. I understand and apologize if the thought of a grown man having obtaining a cosmetic item from a 21 year old game on his bucket list makes you cringe, but as they say, it is what it is.
Last edited by Yacoby44; 05-08-2020 at 12:16 PM..
Closed Thread