Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Question Weird pet behavior

So, I've been grouping with another mage in Najena for the past few nights and we've had some very "interesting" pet behavior happen. I've set up my attack macro very simply: /pet kill. He had his set up, originally, to assist me, then /pet attack. More than once, this sent his pet in the exact OPPOSITE direction occasionally aggroing about half the zone in the process.

I'm just not understanding what the hell is going on with his pet. I've never had a problem with my pet attacking something random. He even claims this would happen out in the Karanas, where he would tell his pet to attack, and then it would go hunt for the largest mob in the zone!

It was so bad that his way of getting his pet to attack if I've already engaged the mob is to cast a low level nuke, walk into the fray, and wait to get punched in the face. Needless to say, this is suboptimal... especially because he has one tier above me in pets, so his should be the one tanking.

I guess my question is: has anyone else experienced this kind of pet behavior? If so, what was causing it? I've told him to change his command to /pet kill, and that's worked for the couple of times he's sent his pet in first, so I imagine it has something to do with the commands he originally had up... but it's just so weird that his pet would charge the jail from the crystal room when telling the pet to attack one of the magicians in there...
Old 05-28-2020, 04:47 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I use the command /pet attack for my macro on my mage and I've had this problem.

My duo partner and I were in Steamfont pulling clockworks and harpies and drakes and especially anytime we pulled a clockwork spider it would attack this spiderling near our spot, but it would do it for other mobs as well. We had to kill the spiderling everytime it was up before pulling.

When we moved to Lavastorm to fight drakes my pet would target basilisks.

We moved into Najena and never had a problem.

I had to physically type /pet attack to get it to target my target. Tonight I will try using /pet Kill. and update.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Weird pathing issues maybe?
Old 05-28-2020, 09:58 AM
Banned

There is an extra space in his macro is the culprit
Old 05-28-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Snortles is probably right. /pet attack allows you to input a specific target. Example: /pet attack a_sand_giant . Most likely having a space after /pet attack will cause the pet to go after whatever mob shows up first on the list of all mobs. I havent tested it myself to confirm this, but that is a likely cause.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Good catch! We'll see if that was the problem. Thanks.
Closed Thread