Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because mages are a thing.
Mages have pets that you need to make macros for and a player who doesn't understand how pets contribute to their XP is going to be severely slowed down.

I'd say managing a pet and nuking adds a layer complexity that the Wizard does not have--just nuking. The wizard is probably the simplest most straight forward class for killing individual things.

You're not managing a pet, deciding which pet to use, trying to figure out what they all do, you're just nuking. Its fundamentally simpler than a mage.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages have pets that you need to make macros for and a player who doesn't understand how pets contribute to their XP is going to be severely slowed down.

I'd say managing a pet and nuking adds a layer complexity that the Wizard does not have--just nuking. The wizard is probably the simplest most straight forward class for killing individual things.

You're not managing a pet, deciding which pet to use, trying to figure out what they all do, you're just nuking. Its fundamentally simpler than a mage.
Pfft. Mages can kill individual blues with a single button press.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may give a wizard a try. Heck I'm having ONLY 3 toons (4 if I count Blue server)

Since I'm in no rush, just slowly leveling and having fun, why not. Of the three at these low levels (14-15) I prefer Mage over Necro and Druid the least, since Druid has most down time. With mage is easy. First I nuke and get max XP, then I meditate while pet is attacking and I'm still getting half XP. (Same with Necro) Didn't mess with the macros yet. One day... Was funny I was in duo, someone said to assist. I though he meant to help him with the pet... didn't know he meant command /assist. I didn't know this kind of command even exist lol.

With Druid, when I meditate, I just meditate, no XP at that time and I meditate a lot. Another thing I don't like about Druid, too many spells I want to use but not enough slots. 3 x shield, SoW that everyone wants, Harmony for splitting groups, nuke, DOT, port... I don't want to keep switching spells in and out.

Necro I like better than druid, but I don't get some of the spells, don't know how to use them properly, but for now I'm OK, leveling as I go...

Well, speaking of properly using spells, I'm sure I'm not using them properly on any toon, but with Necro they are the biggest mystery to me.

I may just try Wizard also. I have several years to slowly level up, no rush... Started with tailoring too... But so far Mage is the winner for this very clumsy, slow, bad player.
Last edited by pivo; 05-25-2020 at 10:23 AM..
Old 05-25-2020, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
18 pages and the answer is still rogue.
LOL LOl LOL!!! You guys are sooooo funny, I'm glad I started this thread. Rouge may be the very best of all, just not for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2020, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is recommending rogue for a solo newb? Raise you hands so you can be shunned publicly so I don't have to go through 18 pages of crap.

Recommending rogue for a slow guy? A guy who can't position himself quickly because he's slow? One who reacts and moves slowly? That guy? Is the rogue the best choice here really?
Beside slow, i'm really very bad player also. When in a group, I'm bigger danger to co-players, then attacking monster, no kidding. How many times I put a shield & buff on attacker and nuke myself. Or trying to nuke and nothing happens, then I realize I'm typing "1" into chat window... I bet I'm topping the chart, of who died most of the time. It is a shame, there is no statistic for this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pivo; 05-25-2020 at 10:25 AM..
Old 05-25-2020, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The number of button presses that took this page to 18 could have got a rogue to 50.
LOL LOL LOL, too funny![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2020, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer is easily bard - the simplest or the most technical of the classes (do you wanna afk manasong or be a pro?)
Nah, not for me. I have read about the Bard, I would have hard time properly move in the circle while casting all the songs. You need young fingers and hands for this. And be a little bit less clumsy than I am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2020, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may give a wizard a try.
Hmm, maybe not. Will think about it. Very slow painful first 12 levels per guides, need asking for clarity and SoW buffs. Also quite slow and grindy up to 29 per some guides. That's mean (for me) some year or two of pain. Do I really want this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also: "Wizards are a very powerful class however they are also a very hard class to play. You will have to learn to hit without being hit and this can take time."

May not be a good fit for this slow, bad, clumsy player. If I don't possition correctly, nuke (and mana) is wasted...

I may decide to enjoy mage for a wile first :-)
Old 06-02-2020, 11:07 AM
Skeleton

As a new player myself (brand new) I find that I'm drawn at the moment to Magician or Druid. I see Druid often stated as being a good beginner class but then I also see that it's not really wanted in groups, and the "quad kiting" thing sounds pretty difficult to do. Magician has a pet that can tank for them (reminds me of a Voidwalker in WoW) but there's the 51% damage thing for full XP and from what I'm reading Green doesn't have a pet bar so you have to use macros and like target your pet periodically to see its life and get it to do things? So I'm not sure about that either.

Necro sounds fun because I've liked a Warlock in WoW but seem to have the same thing as Mage with the added thing of the pet not being as tanky (?) and being evil so you get attacked in some areas, which doesn't sound appealing for a newbie who doesn't know where to go or where to avoid.

Very confusing. Everything seems to have major drawbacks so it's making it really really hard to decide. Although right now Druid seems like it has the least drawbacks other than quad kiting seems pretty hard.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne62682 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very confusing. Everything seems to have major drawbacks so it's making it really really hard to decide. Although right now Druid seems like it has the least drawbacks other than quad kiting seems pretty hard.
Nah, not confusing. There is not 'one, best class' or most would be playing that one.

Most things you mentioned I already addressed earlier and in the thread you started the other day. But I can repeat few points.

About Quad Kitting, I'm too clumsy player to be ever able to pull this off IMHO. But it does not matter. Most classes can perform many different attacks. Druids some 5 or so. If Quad Kitting is not for me or for you it may be Pet Charming or something else. This is very versatile game. You shouldn't dismiss Druid because you think QK may be too hard to you. You don't ever need to do QK. QK just means you level faster (and faster money harvesting)

Don't worry about 50% loss of XP because of magician pet does most damage. There are ways to mitigate this. Let me show you example, real example, from my leveling Druid and Mage in Steamfot Mountains, 4 Minotaures, levels IDK, 11-12-13-14...

With Druid I had to wait 1 or two levels higher, Mage was able to start much earlier.
With Druid I killed one Minos then I meditated and waited. Then I killed second Mino then meditated and waited...

With Mage I killed (nuked) first one, got all XP. Then for second one I was meditating while pet was killing it. So no sitting and waiting. Since pet did most of damage I got only half XP, but I didn't need to just sit and wait meditating. At level 12 I could nuke 2 Minos with Mage first and get complete XP then last two pet finished and mage got 50% XP. But again, I was attacking all the time, no need for just waiting and meditating like with Druid.

Now if I wanted to make sure I always get 100% XP I could do two things:

1 - nuke two Minos, sit and meditate to get mana back to 100%, then nuke the other two Minos... problem solved. More sitting, more meditating (similar like Druid) but all XP

2 - I could have pet do most the damage, then when Mino's HP gets low I kill/disband my pet, reclaim it's mana then finish the Mino and get full XP. Since pet did most of the damage my mana is almost full. So I can repeat, cast the pet spell (fire is best for this technique due of it's auto damage fire shield), pull second Mino, pet does most damage, kill the pet, reclaim it's mana and finish the Mino... Downside is you are keep using Malachite but it is cheap. Plus is, you are always getting full XP, mana is mostly full and you hardly do any sitting/meditating. Looks like it is the fastest leveling possible on Mage.

Now I need to point out, I have low level Druid (18), he is not in his own game yet, until pet charming starts (will try at level 19) it is probably unfair to compare Druid with Mage. After level 19 Druid may become more fun, better than Mage, superior... Will see. But for now, Mage is hands down more fun, more powerful, levels much faster, meditates much less, give me more ways how to play and level...

About macros for pet. I don't use some complicated macros, but don't group either. I have two commands linked to buttons:

/pet attack (or /pet kill)
/pet back off

So far, that's all I needed. Second one you need if pet is attacking one NPC and you get attacked by second one and you want help, you keep spam second button and pet will soon start atacking your attacker. I thinks those macros warning may be for some higher level group play that will not apply for me.

About pet window. Yes it is nice to have it (on blue server) On green there is key fro switching between last two targets. Click first on your pet, then on NPC. now by pushing down that key (remapped mine to ~) I'm switching between attacking NPC and my pet and I can monitor both HP's. Pet window on Blue is better but this works also.

The title of this thread was, which class is easiest. Few posts back I declared, that question is solved, answered. For first few levels, up to 20, Magician is hands down the best and easiest of these three (Druid, Necro, Mage) for this bad, slow & clumsy player. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pivo; 06-07-2020 at 06:01 PM..
Closed Thread