Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Banned

See you in ironforge !
Old 06-03-2020, 09:50 AM
Aviak

It's cute how almost every post turns into RnF. Really helps bring the community closer.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Sadly, Greens forum community is garbage. Not saying there is not some fun peeps to chat with. But, lets face it. The same 10ish trolls live on RNF/Green forums. And just love pushing others buttons. Green has a guild dedicated to this as their RP (which is made up of these 10ish forum trolls)
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

oh did I offend you and make you cry? Sorries /hugs
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-07-2020, 05:59 AM
Orc

Thanks again for hosting and running these open raids. It was fun to see some of this content for the first time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was curious about quantifying the chances at various pixels and figured others might be interested too, so I wrote a little script to analyze my log file. Note that I didn't attend Naggy. See below for the data, but here are some quick observations/thoughts:
  • If you play a relatively unpopular class and something drops, you have a pretty good chance (sometimes >50%).
  • If you're going to do just 1 raid, Fear is probably the best because of the number of trash drops.
  • You're probably not going to get an all/all item like AoN/RBB (<1% chance).

Hate:

Fear:

Vox:

Details on log file parsing for those curious: It's probably not perfect, but it just looks for a group of people all rolling the same die within a short time period (I decided on max 3 minutes between any 2 rolls). It then references a collection of item/number combinations from shout/ooc - if the item name appears in the Lucy item database, then it guesses that the number was someone announcing the roll. If there's then a match of a possible roll announcement happening within 3 minutes of a group of people rolling that number, then it links the events. I still had to manually cleanup the data slightly after this (e.g. after winning roll X was announced, someone did /rand X which erroneously made it look like they were the only roller and therefore winner for that item). I could have also missed rolls, especially in Fear where the raid was a lot more spread out.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

wait people are zerging this down with 200 people?
Old 06-08-2020, 01:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait people are zerging this down with 200 people?
Wiping too, in the case of Vox. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Felt like the good old days. Lots of fun. Thanks for all your reporting on it @edmazur! I'm a little behind on setting up my public posts about it, but laying the infrastructure for the future events.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Felt like the good old days. Lots of fun. Thanks for all your reporting on it @edmazur! I'm a little behind on setting up my public posts about it, but laying the infrastructure for the future events.
Explain what is fun about killing a 32k hp mob with 250 people lol.