Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 07:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much mana does reclaim energy return? I thought it was a function of a pet’s hp, but on consideration of high level mages that can’t be right...
I think it’s some formula of % of cost to cast spell x % of pets hp. So like a 400mana pet at 100% hp will give you back more of that 400mana than a pet at 60% hp etc.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it’s some formula of % of cost to cast spell x % of pets hp. So like a 400mana pet at 100% hp will give you back more of that 400mana than a pet at 60% hp etc.
What if the pet has over 100% life because of gear or buffs?
Old 06-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

I don't know if it changes at higher levels, but at level 28 using the focus item clickie returns 100% of the mana I spent to cast the pet when it's at full health, as far as I can tell. This is easier to test when at low mana because you can just wait until you have just enough to cast, then reclaim and you can cast again immediately. If you cast the spell (instead of focus clickie), you can't do this because the spell itself costs a small amount of mana that isn't recovered.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(and my 60 Druid never quads things for fun ... but maybe 60 Wizards do?).
Wizard quadding is about as exciting as Druid quadding. Done both, Different spells, different mobs but same plays.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if the pet has over 100% life because of gear or buffs?
I'm legit curious about this. I strongly suspect it caps at the amount of mana used to create the pet ... but we won't know for sure until someone tries [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:25 AM
Sarnak

Reclaim returns % of mana cost = to % of hp the pet has when reclaimed. In the case of flaming sword of xuzl, it returns 700 mana unless you manage to get your sword damaged without killing it, which is technically possible because I've tested it and it has more than 1 hp (a 60 shm meleeing flaming sword with his epic was not killing it due to its high regen).

And yes, using a reclaim clicky (I recommend the torch one for RP value) is the only way to make flaming sword of xuzl worthwhile. I use it on any raid target where AoE, damage shield, and riposte chances won't kill it unexpectedly, which pretty much means giants like vindi/statue/AoW/KT. It's a low agro way to start a fight where you would normally be waiting for tank agro to build and you can then immediately med or harvest after casting it. During the fight, you can cash it in for 700 mana at will if you need to, whether because the target flips and you expect it to die to a riposte or you need the mana. On a typical vindi fight, my sword does about 500-700 dmg before I reclaim it, which is not just free damage, I gain mana that I would not have had the chance to regen otherwise had I not used the sword, so it nets me mana. I should also note that its usefulness is predicated on raising your conjuration skill, because that's something most wizards don't really have a need for and without it, you'll be fizzling far too much to benefit.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-04-2020, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

That is a really pro tip!

The pet is much better than the wiki implicits (and it looks to work like the evidence I found on the archived casters realm pages), even if situational.

Thank you for sharing, Kirdan.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

To answer the question about "over HP", I have never noticed getting additional mana back from my pet, even when he is buffed with FoS and STA. I assume the calculation is always % based, regardless of the actual HP pool. That would make the most sense, because pets have a wide range of HP pools. It would be a lot more effort to compare the pet's current HP to the actual base HP of the specific pet, including it's randomized level.

This does mean HP buffs have a small benefit, however. The larger your pet's HP pool, the less % health they lose per hit. This means you have a longer window to reclaim energy on a pet, and still get a good chunk of your mana back, even when they are not at 100%.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting to read about flaming sword of xuzl. Using it to reclaim it for mana was my initial thought for this spell, but I gotta admit Ive yet to really test it since my conjuration skill is abyssmal.

As for leveling your Wizard beyond 55, Jim... I made myself a wizard alt back in 2016 and dinged 60 on it earlier this year(hehe), its now my main raid character even tho I have a 60 rogue.
The reason is its very enjoyable and relaxing to play on raids, and theres is a mystique and flair to the wizard which other dps classes dont have. The whole ordeal of making the most dps possible without getting agro is exciting(to me). Ive spoken to alot of long time raiding wizards, asking them questions on how they go about their raid mob nuking, and they all have different approaches, depending on items available to them, what guild theyre in(tank agro management), some use concussion alot some never use it at all, etc. Raiding as a wizard is not as straight forward as many non-wizards trynna make it sound like for sure.

I really enjoy it, always trying my best to increase my output each encounter, its like the artiste of the dps classes, youre trying out formulaes and always dancing on the razors edge to hit that grande ceiling of nuke dps, while still standing at the end of the battle, swaggerin' in your boss robe(and hopefully with the sweet Soandso has been slain by "insert kewl wiz name here") [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Muggens; 06-07-2020 at 10:09 PM..
Old 06-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard quadding is about as exciting as Druid quadding. Done both, Different spells, different mobs but same plays.
Have to disagree, its a whole lotta more effective/faster to quad as a wiz contra the druid. Flux staff, bonds of force and great ratio quads (although the long slouch with only circle of force is kinda suckaronie)

But yeah, lvl the wiz to 60 if you wanna raid with it, if not I dont really see the point(there are "better" classes for soloing and grouping at that lvl)

Great class to adventure and "roleplay" with!
Closed Thread