Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:31 AM
Sarnak

Default Dizok shillelagh

Any shamans use this? What lvl does it proc? Thanks
Old 05-26-2020, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

I have it, got it thinking it was low level since wiki says level 1. But I am 44 and still cant proc it.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

This item is more commonly used by high level raiders. Many mobs in Temple of Veeshan, for example, have high magic resist. A lot of the mobs are also above level 60. This means potentially a lot of slow resists before one lands.

All of the named dragons in ToV are belly casters, so Shamans need to get within autoattack range anyway to slow the dragon. If you equip this and turn autoattack on while trying to slow, your number of slows per minute potentially goes up, since you are autoattacking in between spell casts. This gives you an extra chance to cast a free 70% slow, which is the second best slow you can do.

People also put slow proc weapons on their pets, to increase slow chances when raiding. I do not remember if this weapon is used on pets. Since the wiki doesn't say what the proc level is, I am not sure if it is higher than the best pet level. Pets cannot proc a weapon if the proc level is higher than their level. This strategy is more commonly used with https://wiki.project1999.com/Swarmcaller

As for Shamans soloing/grouping with this weapon, it is probably useful before level 60. I was level 60 with Torpor when Chardok 2.0 came out, so I cannot say for sure. However, saving mana before you get Torpor is a huge time saver. So this item might be good for saving mana on slows before you hit 60 with torpor.

When you are at level 60 with Torpor, this item has less use for soloing. Turgurs Insects lasts twice as long, only costs 75 more mana, and slows an additional 5%. Due to Turgurs Insects being a higher percentage slow, the proc on this weapons does NOT override Turgurs Insects, sadly. You could certainly use this weapon when initially pulling a mob. If the mob resists the first spell and starts auto-attacking you, you might get the slow proc off before your next root/slow lands. But this isn't consistent, so I don't believe it is make or break by any means.

To use this weapon effectively, you need to use Togors Insects instead, so your proc can refresh the cooldown. There are four problems with this:
1. You lose the 5% slow from Turgurs. When fighting harder monsters, that means losing a decent amount of additional HP.
2. If you do not proc the staff within 2ish minutes, you need to re-cast togors insects yourself. This means spending a total of 350 mana per 5ish minutes, as opposed to 250 mana per 5ish minutes, if using Turgurs Insects. This also means 1 additional spell cast per 2ish minutes.
3. Shamans are typically casting spells for a large portion of the fight. Therefore the number of auto attack swings are not going to be very high. This means it is less consistent to get a proc every two minutes or so. Therefore, I am not sure if it is consistent enough to be useful. When I am trying to tash stick a mob in between all the spell casting, sometimes it takes a few minutes to get a proc, even with 173 dex.
4. This item is not really usable when root rotting, especially when multiple mobs are involved. You will probably lose more HP from trying to proc the weapon than the mana/time you save from a free slow.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-26-2020 at 10:55 AM..
Old 05-26-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Zam says level 51,
Druid Grove 2005 says pet lvl 51,
Druid Grove 2003 says level 51

Zam comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov 07 2001 at 3:11 AM
Just got this weapon and my shaman was level 50..said could not equip but once i turned 51 i was able to equip it..so i am assuming u cant use till 51..which makes this weapon not that desirable..verant should however make it Rclickable..and watch the price of it soar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov 10 2001 at 8:03 AM
I'll test out your theory soon - am now 2 blues from 51 so when I ding if I can equip it then rock on - still desirable as hell as 1) nice ratio for melee which is fun hehe and 2) from my experience proc slows stick much easier hehe - anyways, whatever it'll be fun cause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan 21 2002 at 3:28 AM
fix this stupid bug i spent to much to wait till lvl 51~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan 31 2002 at 10:39 PM
This whacker now says damage 9(16) and has a new line on it that says "Recommended level of 51." It still won't let ya equip before 51 though. Should say "Level required: 51" *sigh*
Should Not Be Equitable until level 51

----------------
----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you equip this and turn autoattack on while trying to slow, your number of slows per minute potentially goes up, since you are autoattacking in between spell casts. This gives you an extra chance to cast a free 70% slow, which is the second best slow you can do.
This is how I use it. Feels great when it procs. Useful in HoT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buff my dex, slow myself. Auto attack, and start trying to slow the target, torporing as needed.

It's less useful when soloing BIG targets due to the shaman epic being a great stat stick.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-26-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Old 05-26-2020, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Interesting, thank you for the detailed responses
Old 05-26-2020, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Can someone please test equipping Di`zok Oracle Shillelagh on a shaman that is under level 51.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone please test equipping Di`zok Oracle Shillelagh on a shaman that is under level 51.
Have been using it since level 22ish. currently 49 and still does not proc
Closed Thread