Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 02:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if your level 50 and farming for DF belts and dont know that EC is the worst camp for them... we got bigger issues~! go to WC more orcs, go to sro, more camps/orcs~!
lmao this right here... there's so many better orc camps for belts... why anyone is in EC is confusing.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

People come here wanting to do the nostalgia trip of grouping at orc1/orc2 in EC just like back in the day then get rustled when they see it being farmed instead. Taking a full group to one of those camps isn't really great XP in the first place. Go solo or get to Faydwer and LFG in Crushbone, at least that place is worth working around the farmers and has some extra space to do so.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:29 AM
Kobold

Yes this is just how green is, especially with only classic being out and having 1,000 plus neck beards running around.

Try blue, still has a healthy population, excellent gear Is dirt cheap, and If you're new plenty of people hand it to you for free. Most, but not all, of the very toxic people have moved on to green, so it's become a much chillier place than it used the be. Only downside is there isn't really a lowbie scene since it's very easy to twink out most classes so that they can solo to 30+.

If I was starting out right now, I'd roll up necromancer or Druid on blue.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Kobold

Competition for loot/xp is part of a non-instanced MMO. I agree that higher levels shouldn't block progress of low lvl groups, as they have plenty of other options a lvl 8 group doesn't have.

And EQ Classic is larger than you think it is...I avoid the most crowded areas and find my sweet spot where no one bothers to go. Even with 1000+ players, classic is still a large place. And the 3rd/4th best spot without competition is, for me, way less stressful and more rewarding than the usual hotspots.
Last edited by Exard3k; 06-04-2020 at 08:48 AM..
Old 06-04-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes this is just how green is, especially with only classic being out and having 1,000 plus neck beards running around.

Try blue, still has a healthy population, excellent gear Is dirt cheap, and If you're new plenty of people hand it to you for free. Most, but not all, of the very toxic people have moved on to green, so it's become a much chillier place than it used the be. Only downside is there isn't really a lowbie scene since it's very easy to twink out most classes so that they can solo to 30+.

Bonus is you can join Dial a Port as a blue druid and actually make some real cash. The raiders and long time blue players aren't stingy about port tips like Seal Team and the rest of the green players, and likely you'll just get more port requests overall on blue.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Banned

elf welfare
Old 06-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bonus is you can join Dial a Port as a blue druid and actually make some real cash.
So I can make my own price for ports? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2020, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If starting a brand new char I would also do it on blue
Old 06-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Aviak

As a son of Erud, I have ran into such characters during my exploration of crushbone; higher seasoned adventurers without the will or courage to advance. If they do not respond to civil discourse, it is your divine right to park there and contest the camp.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Aviak

As a son of Erud, I've come across such things during my exploration of Crushbone. Lesser adventurers, too cowardly to advance in the world to grow their own personal power. If diplomacy and civil discourse fail, it is your divine right to park and contest a camp.
Closed Thread