Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

It would get me that far, with dedication '[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Your mileage/patience may vary. It's more a matter of attrition and being in the right place / right time than the quality of your gear, after a point (and I think you meet the threshold).

I'd get the Jboots first, unless you are sure you can get the epic done really early on.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Get a 2hr too. SoTM is a legit great tank weapon to 60. For solo it’s painfully bad compared to most 2hs in the .75 ratio and better category.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a 2hr too. SoTM is a legit great tank weapon to 60. For solo it’s painfully bad compared to most 2hs in the .75 ratio and better category.
I was gonna go for https://wiki.project1999.com/Arbitor...ine_Greatsword
Old 06-04-2020, 11:05 PM
Kobold

I went dwarf with +20 into stamina.

Starting with 115 stam, an extra 5 mr/pr, eventual overpowered dwarf cultural, and don't discount the fact they start with 90 dex - you're going to be using a proc weapon the vast majority of the time.

Don't neglect your mana but my opinion is that paladins should be focusing on beefing up their HPs and AC first and foremost. You don't need this massive mana pool for most situations and especially your typical 6 man dungeon grind you will be limited by regen more then anything. Focus on HP/AC to make your clerics more efficient with complete healing. For this reason Dwarf was the obvious choice for me.. The low CHA is the only downside but it's not a big deal, if anything serious needs to be pacified I'll get the 200+ CHA chanter to do it for me anyway.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:02 PM
Banned

This tread made me reinstall P99 and have a bash with my Paladin again.

Feels good.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:33 PM
Banned

thread*
Old 06-06-2020, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you recommending, that I joust with mobs by Rooting them and then only coming into attack range once my next swing is ready?

I'm trying for one of the following:

Arbitor's Combine Sword
Axe of Lost Souls
Fatecaller
Vindication
Baton of Faith

I could get a Jade Inlaid Crescent Axe too but it's pricy. And I have to find a seller with any of these weapons.

Vindication would be my preference here.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Argent Protector would be great jousting weapon, a bit spendy though.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 06-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Anything around 30 dmg will work fine for jousting. I’d be tempted to avoid DD procs or the Vindication since they can break root early for that.

An iceflame is a great weapon (Despite the DD proc) and trains up piercing for a Narandi. Arguably the best joust weapon a pally can buy at 55.

Reaver and Argent Protector are great but reselling can be a chore if you need to do that.

An earthshaker until the Narandi is probably the king. A big double attack and earthquake proc can do like 600dmg in a single round.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Anything around 30 dmg will work fine for jousting. I’d be tempted to avoid DD procs or the Vindication since they can break root early for that.

An iceflame is a great weapon (Despite the DD proc) and trains up piercing for a Narandi. Arguably the best joust weapon a pally can buy at 55.

Reaver and Argent Protector are great but reselling can be a chore if you need to do that.

An earthshaker until the Narandi is probably the king. A big double attack and earthquake proc can do like 600dmg in a single round.
Is Vindication a proc? I was led to believe it's a clickie.

I'd probably go for a Fatecaller then.
Closed Thread