Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably loose on purpose. I'm just thinking of breaking the crystal room in Najena. With a 19 minute respawn, the last magician would be up for a minimum of 11-12 minutes before I actually engaged it. This was never a dispute (Najena's fairly dead... pun totally intended), but "keep ___ cleared" ---> "actively clearing" ---> "waiting for an appropriate time to engage to break a camp" is something that should probably be discussed between the players.

Now, what happens if someone purposely trains your camp (sure the trainer can get in trouble, but can someone else come and claim your camp? That sounds like it could be abused)? What if someone accidentally trains your camp and you wipe? What if it's a bad pull? What if it's only a partial wipe (monk and/or necro FD), but need to wait for the dead parties to get back? I think there's a bit more nuance to holding a camp than "if you die, you lose the camp".
I believe that would then fall under that looseness. Personally, if a group wiped in a spot for whatever reason, it's not unreasonable to assume that they won't be back and set up in time for respawns and it should be fine if another group moved into that spot.

Rezzes take awhile, melee getting back there takes awhile, medding and rebuffing all takes awhile.

If it's a partial wipe, no, the camp is obviously still theirs I wouldn't try to break in if they're still there.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aueamin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you die, zone log out or anything to leave the zone you forfeit the camp.
I believe you also lose the camp if you go run around in the zone, to vendor for example, and don't come back in time for the respawn.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe you also lose the camp if you go run around in the zone, to vendor for example, and don't come back in time for the respawn.
Within a "reasonable" time of the respawn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Nice Policies
If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.
Everyone can define "reasonable" how they want, but you won't know whether it really was reasonable or not until someone takes a video that shows waiting exactly that long, /petitions, and has a GM make a ruling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably loose on purpose. I'm just thinking of breaking the crystal room in Najena. With a 19 minute respawn, the last magician would be up for a minimum of 11-12 minutes before I actually engaged it. This was never a dispute (Najena's fairly dead... pun totally intended), but "keep ___ cleared" ---> "actively clearing" ---> "waiting for an appropriate time to engage to break a camp" is something that should probably be discussed between the players.

Now, what happens if someone purposely trains your camp (sure the trainer can get in trouble, but can someone else come and claim your camp? That sounds like it could be abused)? What if someone accidentally trains your camp and you wipe? What if it's a bad pull? What if it's only a partial wipe (monk and/or necro FD), but need to wait for the dead parties to get back? I think there's a bit more nuance to holding a camp than "if you die, you lose the camp".
If someone purposely trains your camp and you have proof then yeah the staff would give the camp back to you if there was a dispute.

If there’s a bad pull and your whole group wipes usually people will give you a reasonable period of time for at least one or two group members to get back to establish that you’re going to keep clearing. If it takes like 20 minutes for anyone to get back there though you’ve probably lost the camp.

If most of your group wipes and there’s still one or two people alive there, you haven’t given up the camp so long as your group is making its way back there and does so within a reasonable period of time (reasonable period of time being taken within context...I.e. if you wipe in Highkeep everyone better be back pretty quick since you can all be bound there; whereas if you wipe in Unrest melee get a reasonable period of time to run back from their bind point in Kaladim or GFay).
Old 06-05-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

It's funny how the reactions change when you top out. Like I don't need any exp and I don't need any gear and I definitely don't need any plat. So I'm out there just screwing around, doing some quests, but if I see some camp I'll take it because why not. HBC, TBB, some kind of B.

And someone shows up 5 minutes later and they're like my game crashed, or I had to relog, or some other sob story how they weren't actually here when I took the camp and I'm just like here you go buddy and then buff them and go on do something else. Good luck hope it rains loots on you.

Before that I had my elf law books out, OBS firing on all 12 monitors, an independent witness standing behind me and two court reporters on adderall giving it their all. And I fought the good fight; subparagraph B section 1 clearly proves I'm right, no need for the jury to retire! And when I lost I would skulk away like Gollum whispering threats of trains and doom.

Now I see why the idle rich are so nonchalant about things. I can just buy my happiness.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny how the reactions change when you top out. Like I don't need any exp and I don't need any gear and I definitely don't need any plat. So I'm out there just screwing around, doing some quests, but if I see some camp I'll take it because why not. HBC, TBB, some kind of B.

And someone shows up 5 minutes later and they're like my game crashed, or I had to relog, or some other sob story how they weren't actually here when I took the camp and I'm just like here you go buddy and then buff them and go on do something else. Good luck hope it rains loots on you.

Before that I had my elf law books out, OBS firing on all 12 monitors, an independent witness standing behind me and two court reporters on adderall giving it their all. And I fought the good fight; subparagraph B section 1 clearly proves I'm right, no need for the jury to retire! And when I lost I would skulk away like Gollum whispering threats of trains and doom.

Now I see why the idle rich are so nonchalant about things. I can just buy my happiness.
This made me laugh a lot. Thank you. Hope you’re staying safe in these crazy times fellow New Yorker!
Old 06-05-2020, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

I appreciate the responses to my post.

Perhaps my post count masked my intentions, but those questions were mostly rhetorical. As in, clearly there's more to it than "if you die, you lose the camp". While a good rule of thumb, there's a bit of wiggle room, as you all pointed out.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you die you DO technically forfeit the camp.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a difference between "legal" and "right"!

Legally you CAN take it....but it's a jerk move. Especially when trying to snipe a camp from some group exping or something (happened to my group! we had all gotten together a full group for some adventure.....died to a train...and someone sniped it! ...but they left soon after, so it worked out ok).
I completely agree. However the person might also be a huge asshole, but I generally assume they aren't if I don't know them. The karmic calculus gets dicey quick.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Banned

Btw I'm specifically talking about the dwarf camp along the shoreline in butcherblock, people seem to die at that camp so often and I'm not sure why
Closed Thread