Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-03-2020, 10:08 PM
Skeleton

Is it possible to make weapons look better?
Old 03-04-2020, 01:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it possible to make weapons look better?
yes the Globals do that. EQclassicHDand my Globals cover most weapon textures, armor and shields
Last edited by Quylein; 03-04-2020 at 01:39 AM..
Old 03-05-2020, 08:27 AM
Orc

Thank you so much for the completion. I haven't had a chance to load in yet (new job) but I'm sure its an improvement =)
Old 03-05-2020, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Makes me think I gotta check my files if I am running high rez to go back to low rez and check my load times.

East coast pvp jerks got the jump on me at the ZL
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:34 PM
Large Bat

Incredible Mod for the game 10/10.

One friend best described it as "It's like putting on glasses for the first time"[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appreciate all the hard work you put in here to really improve the retro experience with this amazing revamp to the classic skins and textures!
much love and keep up the great work!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:17 AM
Aviak

Made several updates to zone textures and Characters, Aviaks, sharks. Also made selectable folders as you can search for the March update s3d files as to not have to download full.

Globals had fixes too, many texture anomalies were attempted repair looks much better.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Well done!
Old 03-25-2020, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Just had a chance to install this. It's a game changer. Thank you so much. I could see past the blur, but now that i've seen it sharp, I can't go back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks a lot.

Is it worth also doing EQ Classic HD? would doing that add anything?

I'm just curious, I went to the wiki page Visual Enhancements. Are all of these still valid?

I'm thinking I want to do 4x HD and Classic HD. Are any of these other mods much of a difference? I wouldn't dare want the luclin models, but there is a section there about luclin textures. I'm assuming these HD ones are better quality? I'm not interested in custom content either I don't think. The luclin spells look nice, but I'm not sure I want that either.

What's everyone else's setup?
Old 03-25-2020, 07:06 PM
Orc

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quylein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made several updates to zone textures and Characters, Aviaks, sharks. Also made selectable folders as you can search for the March update s3d files as to not have to download full.

Globals had fixes too, many texture anomalies were attempted repair looks much better.
Do the main 4x ones include the water fixes now, or where those tweaked with any changes? Only asking because when I looked at the modify dates it looks like all the files got modified, so unsure which ones got updated recently. =)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:26 PM
Aviak

The main files are the old water with some corrections to that water cycle, the best i can do with that old dark blue stuff. The new water and cycles are all changed from the first version to something that has a better texture recycling so it looks less line chopped. But in all reality since you started using this most of those files have been modified, I'm sure
. I lowered freeport N&W files some as those zones seem to like to crash after a while I updated many single or more files in tons of Obj and Zone files. This was done of the past few month in Classic and Kunark, Velious came together pretty nicely but Cha files might need fixing if I find certain things.