Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a wiz or druid, you don't have to quad, quadding is complex, it just cuts leveling time by a factor of 4
This is kind of untrue. Quadding isn’t complex. Ensnare 4 mobs, run around in a circle until they are close together, then cast AoE nuke a few times.

Quadding is actually one of the best forms of AFK leveling given that without a mana regen buff on each quad will burn through most of your mana. So then you met and AFK for like 10 minutes or more. Then get back up and kill 4 mobs and med again and AFK.

Especially if you’re at a camp like the shore dwarves in BB...kill multiple mobs very quickly and then 12 minute respawn time means plenty AFK time if that’s what you want.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician, Wizard, and Rogue are the simplest classes. Magicians and Wizards can solo well.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is kind of untrue. Quadding isn’t complex. Ensnare 4 mobs, run around in a circle until they are close together, then cast AoE nuke a few times.

Quadding is actually one of the best forms of AFK leveling given that without a mana regen buff on each quad will burn through most of your mana. So then you met and AFK for like 10 minutes or more. Then get back up and kill 4 mobs and med again and AFK.

Especially if you’re at a camp like the shore dwarves in BB...kill multiple mobs very quickly and then 12 minute respawn time means plenty AFK time if that’s what you want.
I agree. And I quadded to 60 without a staff of temperate flux and just quaffing sow pots on my live wizard.

However there are a lot of minor details and oddities like the staff of temmperate flux, camping jboots, farming the goblin hearts for the staff, positioning. Lining up the mobs. Having enough mana. Medding while moving or getting clarity to finish off a quad if barely enough or bad resists, etc... Managing server ticks to optimize spell casts and med ticks.

The thing is, I consider it simple, I agree that you feel like its simple, and I believe you. I wouldn't tell a newbie druid with tattered and patchwork armor to go have a quad though. Not without inviting them into my group and showing them how awesome my staff is )

That said, I leved two druids without quadding alternating between root rotting, and nuking or a combination thereof, harmony made life easy, and I would dot, nuke nuke, root, wait for it to die, and on single targets this was easy afk leveling on an ungeared character. Specced evok for pvp.

IMHO
Old 04-14-2020, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

On my wizard I just turned on autoattack and spammed a nuke in top slot with the cooldown timer bypassed with an insta click. It seemed pretty fast with AFKs between spawns and gnoll scrolls to hand in. Mostly vanilla gear, but I did have a lost staff of the scions, which is admittedly a very beefy ratio compared to unexpanded, but the length of the cast times meant I didn't really benefit from it that much. I think it would be doable on green, especially once instacasts become more accessible with sol ro temple.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my wizard I just turned on autoattack and spammed a nuke in top slot with the cooldown timer bypassed with an insta click. It seemed pretty fast with AFKs between spawns and gnoll scrolls to hand in. Mostly vanilla gear, but I did have a lost staff of the scions, which is admittedly a very beefy ratio compared to unexpanded, but the length of the cast times meant I didn't really benefit from it that much. I think it would be doable on green, especially once instacasts become more accessible with sol ro temple.
ya the wiz face mask is awesome too

wiz has a gentle learning curve, u dont have to be complicated its perfect for newbies
Old 04-14-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

It's true, I am well endowed in the newb department.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Monk is vastly simpler than Mage, Rogue, or Wizard.

On the latter three you have to be careful about agro.

In my experience very few players of these classes maximizes their damage and utility to group. Most rogues go too far; few Wizards understand how to optimize their CC and dps.

But with a monk it doesn't matter all that much if you get agro, you're pretty tanky and can fd anyway.

If you explore and take a wrong turn, fd.

And you don't have to worry much about getting weapons or armor. And because of weight-restrictions many other decisions are made simple.

It has to be the simplest class by far.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk is vastly simpler than Mage, Rogue, or Wizard.

On the latter three you have to be careful about agro.

In my experience very few players of these classes maximizes their damage and utility to group. Most rogues go too far; few Wizards understand how to optimize their CC and dps.

But with a monk it doesn't matter all that much if you get agro, you're pretty tanky and can fd anyway.

If you explore and take a wrong turn, fd.

And you don't have to worry much about getting weapons or armor. And because of weight-restrictions many other decisions are made simple.

It has to be the simplest class by far.
Yeah but their role and responsibility in groups is way more complex. Split pulling is an art form.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 04-14-2020, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but their role and responsibility in groups is way more complex. Split pulling is an art form.
It’s not really that hard. Aggro mobs, click button, wait till all but one start to walk back to spawn point, stand up.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

I think maybe this whole conversation should have been prefaced with "let's be honest ... nothing about classic EverQuest is truly hard: we're debating relative degrees of easiness here."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread