Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Default Seriously fucking traks teeth jesus christ.

So I've posted before about wanting to do forager cycle with my bro, generally got told we were under levelled.

I got more levels and some more gear.

We tried the night before last and got owned.
56 warr and 45 bard. The skeltons dot's are fucking insane, embarrising that they are light blue and two of them with pets killed us. Never had problems with them on previous attempts which is weird, think there were less of them up.

There's basically three big problems here which again, have been discussed on the forum before.

1. Casters are broken on P99 they have their full spellbook rather than a few levels below their levels like normal.
2. Pathing is different.
3. The frogs attack every animal completly wiping them out.

Now yes token acknowledgment "this is a free game run by volunteers" but they did an entire other expansion before fixing this zone, I'm not questioning their work ethic or asking them to work more, just questioning the order of priorities.

The other reason they haven't changed it is they are reluctant to change things without smoking gun proof. But it's hard to prove the absence of somthing.

No one would have talked about frogs killing raptors if they didn't do it....

Also because casters are OP and roaming is broken, they wipe them out more easily.

There are basically no animals in TT and this is 100% NOT classic. So this is a total justifaction for doing ANYTHING that does the whole "not classic change to maintain the classic environment" which they are reluctant to do generally but something is needed here.

Because they wipe out all the other animals the place is filled with overpowered frogs, making it impossible for anything but max level chars to have any luck it's maddening.

INB4 get gud, yeah we got killed 3 times and I'm salty but this zone is fucked and I'm sick of it.

Some questions:

1. does anyone know what frogloks of kunark start out on faction wise?
a)Can the faction neck clicky bring you to dubious?
b)Can enchanters or bards get to dubious?
c) can neck and bards get to dubious?
2. Has anyone tried doing forager cycle with a non kos to frogs character? That seems a game breaking thing no one might have tried. Ironically working even better in this zone if it's all frogs.

2. Does anyone know the optimum spot in zone as a base, to do forager cycle?

3. Is every mob a PH for everything else? is it possible to have clear the zone of frogloks gradually and replace them with animals/the fallen iksars/weakest warrior frogs? Please spill your forager cycle secrets to me.
Last edited by Tobius; 05-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: I tried to edit the swears out of the header in case that's not allowed outside R&F but you can't edit thread titles it seems
Old 05-08-2020, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

The best place to pull Forager/Hunter is to the East side of the Lake IMO. There isn't a lot of traffic there and a Ranger should be able to track both spawns from near there.

There is always either 1 Hunter and 1 Forager up at all times, unless the Named spawns in it's place.

Send me a tell on Murof and I can help you sometime.
Granted, if you think getting keyed to seb is hard... seb is going to be a nightmare lol.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best place to pull Forager/Hunter is to the East side of the Lake IMO. There isn't a lot of traffic there and a Ranger should be able to track both spawns from near there.

There is always either 1 Hunter and 1 Forager up at all times, unless the Named spawns in it's place.

Send me a tell on Murof and I can help you sometime.
Granted, if you think getting keyed to seb is hard... seb is going to be a nightmare lol.
So we are keyed already, and seb is manageable.
We were trying to get iksar BP's to sell as a get rich quick scheme, we also used to do it on live were we got masks and BP's so it's a nostalgia thing. But it sucks on 99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also bard range is short af so the really safe spots aren't always viable...
Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

How come your bard didn’t just charm the adds w pets to destroy them? Then mez 1 and slow the other, or charm 1 and slow the other?
Old 05-08-2020, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How come your bard didn’t just charm the adds w pets to destroy them? Then mez 1 and slow the other, or charm 1 and slow the other?
Because he hasn't played in years and doesn't listen to a word I say.
He blames me for not keeping thw aggro off him and insists the most effecient thing is if I meele and he hastes me and slows them.

I explained to him how OP bard mezz is and how op bard fear is but he wont use them much.

He changes the spell gems into a weird order even though I have em in a perfect layout so you can mezz heal 1-2
fight 2-5, slow fear 5-6 charm in 7 and selos in 8

I could have done better peeling the aggro in hindsight, I didn't realise how much these weak skeletons were doing till it was too late tbh. Was just assuming I'd smash em and was already annoyed at the regen time they caused us...
Old 05-08-2020, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Ah fair enough man. If you ever see my toon in game, Rhymenocerous, gimme a shout. I’ll help ya out and let ya keep all the loot.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah fair enough man. If you ever see my toon in game, Rhymenocerous, gimme a shout. I’ll help ya out and let ya keep all the loot.
That's an incredibly nice offer, It'd be nice to group with someone who's done it before if only to learn more about positioning and mechanics in that zone and other general tips.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an incredibly nice offer, It'd be nice to group with someone who's done it before if only to learn more about positioning and mechanics in that zone and other general tips.
Yeah man no problem at all. I’ll have some time to be on this evening around 6 or 7 pm est. look out for me!
Old 05-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Default Tala’s Tips

If what you say is true, you or someone should post in-era evidence and get it changed.

For the time being, I sincerely hope this aids you in your quest:
• Doing the forager/hunter cycle on my bard on Red99 was truly hellish before maybe 55. Fewer mobs aggro the higher you get. 45 is definitely too low. You’ll get half a dozen frogs on you before you find the PH. Plus, the Forager and Hunter are 45, and some of the named are even higher. They’ll wreck you, no doubt about it. And warriors are useless without a powerful healer.
• Have levitate on all the time (you need a pegasus cloak, basically) and run up hills often (carefully) so you can use Z-axis distance to help stay out of aggro range
• IVU is better than invis in TT since half the living mobs see invis anyway (you can rev up Selo’s and receive IVU from any of 5 classes)
• Add a cleric and you get the healing and IVU necessary for this operation.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

I’d personally skip it for a bit. I tried to do this way back when my ranger was 45 and my brother had a 51 necro. Killing the forager was easy if we could get it back to camp but everything and it’s uncle would aggro on the ranger due to the level gap. Plus shamans casting and running sow speed, etc.

With a Druid or ranger if you get adds and survive you can just snare, zone, and kill the one npc that didn’t path back. The bard has to keep all the adds mezzed while the warrior basically solos. Easier said than done.

If you wanted a seb key and that’s it the struggle would be worth it. Even looking for a third to help. Farming the cycle is going to likely take many hours of PH’s to get the loot you want. A slog for an epic druid on a slow weekend but with that combo likely many deaths if it’s doable.

Sorry to be a bummer. You are better off having him get some levels and just duoing plat mobs to buy one.
Closed Thread