Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Default Ring 7 - Corbin technique help!

So I read an old guide saying once Corbin gets to the spot where you need to protect him from the orcs and giants that come, you can quick aggro him and run him in the opposite direction with a FD class. Once you attack him you can train him over to igloo he's supposed to walk to eventually. Once you FD, he'll walk out then back into the igloo and be safe and the quest will work. Is this still a viable tactic?

I saw someone post on youtube they grabbed a bunch of other dwarves and trained them to the spot when the orcs and giants come and then FD'd them in the way of Corbin and then he just slowly picked them off 1 by 1 but I'm not sure if that was old sneak, FD techniques that are now gone.

I was hoping the first tactic is viable as I'm completing this on my SK and it seems like a pretty easy thing to do. My one concern is for wiping aggro but I also read that if you cant clear aggro you can wait for him to depop....(does he depop when he arrives at his destination?) then stand up and the quest has been triggered appropriately and then I can hand in my ring to Dobbin.

Thanks for the help for those that have done it!
Old 05-26-2020, 09:32 PM
Aviak

Why not get a couple of friends to help?
Old 05-27-2020, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

So me and my brother on a 56 warrior and 45 bard actually managed to complete this while just trying to MQ the previous ring, we thought he had nothing to lose by trying.

We managed to aggro most of them, some my brother chased around with selos.

The dwarf chasing them and occasionally peels back aggro.

We were scared of him dying but he's actually able to defeat one orc at a time.

I trained the mobs to the west dorf fort, then the south, then when there wasn't many left to the west one where he goes.

In the end all giants and orcs were down, the dorf was miles away.

I was scared of the dorf he talks to at the end being killed but he wasnt.

By then end our biggest problem was ulthork adds as the dorfs wont fight them, I ended up zoning two to IC it was hard to peel them off the bard with my arrows.

I've always trained mobs to dorf forts on the ring quests it's an underrated tactic.

I don't think there are any caster mobs on this one so you can take your time as long as you have at least jboots.

You may even be able to do it this way solo.

Your biggest concern is making sure too many don't get on the dorf, and you don't lose the dorf.

He's unlikely to run into enough scouts and stuff to get killed otherwise, but I don't know if the quest will time out if he goes there straight away and you take too long disposing of the army.

The hardest part is getting enough aggro from the army right at the begining.
Closed Thread