Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin, if you think manastone is like a cheat code, just wait til my 50 mage pet tanks and kills Priest of Discord in Rivervale with the help of 5-11 gearless (except for a ring slot) level 1 halflings. Cumulative level kill on PoD of 55-61 levels in Vanilla classic - when you put it that way, it's kinda cool.

*rubs hands together*

I just want to make something novel out of a game that has lost its novelty. It's my way of reclaiming some nostalgia by discovering new things in a game that has been fully(?) discovered. A game I had so much fun discovering things in, but truly am reaching the upper limit of what I can "discover" due to playing so many years and all the information available.

Doing something new in a game where it's "all been done before" is a fun game in and of itself. See the thread of "Which race/class combo would you be impressed most with at max level." Widespread general sentiment: none, it's all been done before.

Well, I got a few things left on my list of things that have (probably?) never been done before. Stay tuned.

Soloing Tantor in Velious with Red Wood Wands is off my list now unfortunately =( Only possible via bard now and bard could kill faster with chant kite, and it's a one-shot ordeal with no recharge... But like I said... stay tuned.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, and I almost forgot.

WTS Manastone 200k

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-29-2020, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

The wonder of norrath is that you can do whatever a chemist can do in real life with atoms, you can do with pixels!
Old 05-30-2020, 05:46 PM
Banned

This is so much work just to get a full bar of mana, easier to afk

my hands hurt just watching this
Old 05-31-2020, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham
This is so much work just to get a full bar of mana, easier to afk

my hands hurt just watching this
Sir, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not a cannidance shaman, you don't play bard, and you don't do tradeskills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-30-2020, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Damus1 and others, have you given it a try?

Curious if the Manadance™ Movement has picked up new members.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

When are you going to solo the Priest of Order? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

If only he was in Rivervale... I could try it with my army of level 1 halfling ruffians! Will have to settle for PoD.

The PoO... I've said more than once to my guild to go kill him. We'll see.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

I enjoy things like this immensely. People who say everything in this game has already been discovered amaze me, there's a lot of cool stuff still to do here. I have a list of stuff I've never seen anyone try that I'm slowly working through, its basically why I play.

I'm actually kind of surprised noone seems to be doing 5 cleric+wizard bind at zoneline in velious, port out do a group cheal chain to regen to full mana and gate back. With faster zone load times, I feel like you could probably go infinite 2 second cheal chain easy with two groups like this. Three groups could honestly probably do Avatar of War if the chain was perfect. I guess there just aren't that many manastones on blue though.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm actually kind of surprised noone seems to be doing 5 cleric+wizard bind at zoneline in velious, port out do a group cheal chain to regen to full mana and gate back. With faster zone load times, I feel like you could probably go infinite 2 second cheal chain easy with two groups like this. Three groups could honestly probably do Avatar of War if the chain was perfect. I guess there just aren't that many manastones on blue though.
Brilliant! Feel free to DM if you're looking for ideas or want to share some. I have been working on some fun projects recently - mostly faction-related =)
Closed Thread