Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name and shame these high level players killing low level orcs.
Total dick move by the bard especially with that /tell. Name and shame.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Total dick move by the bard especially with that /tell. Name and shame.
Total dick move by the bard? For showing up and seeing the high lvl farming the camp that the group was formed for? I am confused...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you saying shame on him for leaving group which I am sure probably talked with OP some, then left. Doubt guy just GTFO instantly. I would of done same, or said hey we can go to NRO/SRO/Misty/Lavastorm.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Occasionally will have someone level 50 camping a specific named but usually if they are well adjusted humans (who still remember the grind...) they will give buffs or help out in exchange for sharing.

Okay, but what are your chances that that level 50 camping something is a well-adjusted human? Like 20% or 30% maybe?
Old 06-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live EQ, nobody could 'own' a camp. You had to share. Guides/GMs enforced sharing.

Seems like it would resolve a lot of toxic behaviour on P99.
Yeah I remember I was camping Frenzy and the GM showed up and he was like now you have share Frenzy with Dudley over here. Oh wait that never happened ever. What "live EQ" are you talking about. Is that what is happening NOW?
Old 06-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

I think a history lesson here might be helpful. These complaints are not P99-specific! They absolutely happened on live, even with paid GMs, and Verant built a solution into the game itself as a direct result!

Like everything on Green, you'll have to wait for it to be unlocked, but I promise it's coming: you just have to wait for The Warrens. Once that zone is released you'll be able to go level your heart out, and any high levels that show up wanting your Kobold Molars will be out of luck, because the (green con) Kobolds won't give them any.

... and then, a few months (maybe a little over a year, I forget?), just as Verant did, P99 will remove the Trivial Loot Code from the Warrens. Because as Verant found, the cure was worse than the disease.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Banned

now you have to share this thread with me now
Old 06-03-2020, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 doesn't pay their GMs, like on live. So GMs could actually react to petitions like camp sharing. I am not saying p99 GMs don't, but just doubt they have the time.
I'm curious why you think there would be more petitions about camp sharing than there currently are over KSing and camp stealing. Seems like a wash to me. Having the default policy be "you must share" might even reduce petitions overall.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I remember I was camping Frenzy and the GM showed up and he was like now you have share Frenzy with Dudley over here. Oh wait that never happened ever. What "live EQ" are you talking about. Is that what is happening NOW?
Plenty of in-era threads about GMs enforcing camp sharing. This Guide suggests rotating the placeholders:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....4/AJ5fqvEj2csJ

It's also directly mentioned in the Verant customer service manual:

Quote:
8.2.3 Contested Spawn Complaints

When a complaint is received indicating that a spawn or kill is contested, a disruption investigation should first be initiated according to the procedures of section 8.2.2 to determine if harassment or Zone/Area disruption is occurring. After following those procedures and issuing warnings as necessary, instruct the parties involved in the contested spawn situation to work out a compromise. Then leave the scene.

If another complaint is received involving the same spawn site, another disruption investigation should be initiated. After following those procedures and issuing warnings as necessary, if any of the parties involved were involved in the initial situation, establish a compromise for the parties to which the parties are required to abide. The compromise should be as described in section 8.2.3.1. Any party refusing to abide by the compromise established by the CS Representative should be issued a warning for disruption.

On PvP servers, where players can reach a solution to the contested spawn situation, the CS Representative does not need to require the players to share the spawn.

The compromise will require all parties to take turns killing the spawn(s). All parties involved in the contested spawn should be instructed to use /random 0 100 to choose a number. The CS Representative then uses /random 0 100. The individual with the closest number to the CS Representative’s number will be next in the rotation. The CS Representative then bases the rest of the rotation order on how close the other parties’ numbers were to theirs. The compromise established by a CS Representative must be objective and not require the CS Representative to choose one customer over another based on subjective criteria. The CS Representative is the arbiter in any disputes in establishing the compromise.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_E...ice_Guidelines
You're not wrong that generally people would respect camps, but if you start being an arse, it's a good deterrent to shenanigans to know that getting staff involved will result in an enforced compromise that satisfies nobody and will generally result in suspensions if not adhered to. Seems like less work for P99 staff that way, not more.

(As usual, just my own opinion.)
Last edited by Dolalin; 06-03-2020 at 03:53 PM..
Old 06-03-2020, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin
Like everything on Green, you'll have to wait for it to be unlocked, but I promise it's coming: you just have to wait for The Warrens. Once that zone is released you'll be able to go level your heart out, and any high levels that show up wanting your Kobold Molars will be out of luck, because the (green con) Kobolds won't give them any.
Warrens is when people roll in with their level 50-60 druid buddy to buff them as they slay the whole zone and loot molars because mobs con blue. But of course, the super close together undercon wizard bats might be open for you to try your hand at.... good luck.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Total dick move by the bard? For showing up and seeing the high lvl farming the camp that the group was formed for? I am confused...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you saying shame on him for leaving group which I am sure probably talked with OP some, then left. Doubt guy just GTFO instantly. I would of done same, or said hey we can go to NRO/SRO/Misty/Lavastorm.
I misread the post. I thought the high level WAS a bard. Personal class bias at work there.
Last edited by ldgo86; 06-03-2020 at 04:06 PM..
Closed Thread