Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better loot too. The gnomes dont drop the ore that the gobbos drop (though the blocks were recently removed, the 15p large bricks aren't terrible).
I hate that the blocks were removed.

It was a good source of farming platinum for melee.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate that the blocks were removed.

It was a good source of farming platinum for m̶e̶l̶e̶e̶ bored lvl 60's.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you all very much for the feedback. Looks like I’ll head over there next time I’m on. I went high elf and Tunare just for the Natures Defender too but the leveling has been much slower than I expected. At this point I hope I make it to level 46!
Try to form 3-4 man groups, you'll get the best xp there. 51+ Paladin's are basically the slowest leveling class in the game so be prepared for that. Could try Bloodgills in LOIO. They are the best solo xp spot in game for nearly every class until 50/51 or so but it's camped 50-75% of the time, maybe find someone who will at least let you take 4-6 of them, will still be better than any group xp.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Banned

Yeah you def should be grouping and not solo.

Pally / Necro / Shaman would be a pretty good trio.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you def should be grouping and not solo.

Pally / Necro / Shaman would be a pretty good trio.
This would be good. But Pally/Enc/Shaman is godmode. I've done this many times, mob is stunned 1/2 the time & with slow, shaman basically just dps's. A good trio is by far my favorite experience in this game, regardless of the zone. Xp is great, can be social, and can use every nearly every ability of your class.

45+ is pretty much a grind regardless of the class. Form your own small groups if able, OP, and it will make leveling a much more enjoyable experience.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks again for the advice. I spent some time killing goblins last night solo since I only had a few minutes to play and avoided the Gnomes. Seemed like quite a few people within 5 levels of me which was encouraging. I usually can only play an hour or so max so duos and trios are preferable where I can just grab a few people and go killing and it seems like that’s doable here.

Made this character to group since soloing on enchanter and monk burnt me out a little bit. Can’t see this character ever getting passed low 50s if even that but need to get 46 for that Natures Defender!
Old 02-28-2019, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

Solo as a pally in high levels isn’t that bad but your options are mostly low blues (10-15 levels under). 39-51 is pretty breezy with ghealing and a functional DW helm. This coming from someone who bow-rotted those levels with a ranger so take with a grain of salt. I’d kill guards with a reaver or something once sol a stops giving gains with gnomebots (45). Maybe even oggok 40+/-.

Gnome faction will mostly make running around steamfont/akanon dodgy. The only noticeable issue was having to use cloudy potions to get my Divine Might quest piece from the Kaladim mines (rogue guild).
Last edited by Snaggles; 02-28-2019 at 07:20 AM..
Old 03-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Kobold

I Mained a pally on live and have a 52 paladin here. My favorite class for some unknown reason. So...once you get high 40s you could solo stuff around karnors in DL (drolvArgs and the cockatrice are your targets) and also the safe hall in lower guk is a good spot too. Lull stuff and pull wans/zols single. If you get a crit resist and bite off more than you can chew though, you’ll need to root things (out of line of sight if a caster) and camp out though. Even with LOH you’re not making it to the zone and you would cause an epic train even if you made it.

As far as the clockwork gnomes in sol a, on live I murdered hundreds of them and never had any faction issues. I hit 50 before Kunark came out so I farmed molten cloaks and gnomisj environment suits for plat.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:32 AM
Sarnak

the paladin epic mobs in Kaladim are not kos just the rogue guild masters near the bank you have to watch out for, using invis
Closed Thread