Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Banned

At first I was like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But then I was like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I didn't lol.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

A GM isn't allowed to be creative with some corpses?

I enchant things...
Old 09-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Sarnak

I wanna guildwar Uthgaard irl
Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Banned

I've seen some pretty poor GM behavior here, and I say this as a GM from ProjectEQ, and my interactions from live GM over the years. I realize GM need to have fun too, but you really should start drawing clear lines as to player zone interaction.

Mixxit's boat tours, were a good example of positive player interaction. That's a sort of event, it boosts morale and keeps people interested.

Rogean's running around in circles stabbing things in the face, potentially KSing newbies is deplorable.

GM staff using #race on players, to turn them into various things, is also something that SHOULD be selective for events. When you run to East Commonlands, and everyone is a ghoul, or everyone is a froglok, it's not an EverQuest experience at all. It's a non-legit EQEMU experience.

Spawning NPCs in a player accessible zone (presumably, because the water line isn't rectangular like cshome) for a screen shot, also pretty much falls under the non-legit EQEMU idea. This point is only speculative, because I don't know which zone that is based on the screenshot.

It's obviously up to the server operators and/or staff what is done with YOUR server, but you guys are really shitting up the experience you're attempting to create here.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal-Elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will you look at that. Even on the forums Uthgaard only sees what he WANTS to see from the players he is supposed to be volunteering for.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

Anyways kudos on your LOL making skills out of dark elves. A true contribution sir.

and Bawwww? Wtf is bawwww
Sounds like your saturday night after a beer or two with the local farmers sheep.

=)
Maybe he meant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUylp...eature=related
Old 09-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Relax. Its just a gameEUR
Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol you consider that poor GM behavior?

I'd consider poor GM behavior something like, giving items to players, free XP, etc.. that sorts. Things like changing races though? seriously? Give me a fucking break. Certain guides, especially Uthgaard, are on the server probably 16 hours a day helping players. If they want to relax for a few minutes and have some fun, why the fuck not?

Also where are you guys getting the idea that changing races never happened on live? Its quite the contrary, GM's do it all the time. Just because you've never seen it happen doesn't mean it never did.

Also funny that your calling me out for something I said. I think that happened maybe once and if it did I'm sure I reimbursed the XP for that mob (plus more).

And last, your wrong, that is cshome. Uthgaard doesn't have access to spawn a mob. I spawned those mobs in the CSHome dev box (his bind spot) earlier that day, and when I went to sleep he /summoned all the mobs to make that picture.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd consider poor GM behavior something like, giving items to players, free XP, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also funny that your calling me out for something I said. I think that happened maybe once and if it did I'm sure I reimbursed the XP for that mob (plus more).
??
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Orc

?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lol you consider that poor GM behavior?

I'd consider poor GM behavior something like, giving items to players, free XP, etc.. that sorts. Things like changing races though? seriously? Give me a fucking break.
I'd consider giving items (non-reimbursement) and the like to actually be an abuse of power and contrary to what a legit server is - which is pretty much beyond the scope of poor behavior.

Quote:
Certain guides, especially Uthgaard, are on the server probably 16 hours a day helping players. If they want to relax for a few minutes and have some fun, why the fuck not?
And I'm glad he is so dedicated.

Quote:
Also where are you guys getting the idea that changing races never happened on live? Its quite the contrary, GM's do it all the time. Just because you've never seen it happen doesn't mean it never did.
I can't refute this claim. I do know of situations where a GM paladin was in east commonlands by the Nektulos entrance on Rallos Zek, that changed a player into an orc pawn, because said troll shadowknight kept spamming the GM with duels, calling him a coward. He retorted by saying "And you're nothing more than an orc pawn.", but I've never seen a live GM change a large percentage of a zone population to something else, on live. Most of the time, GM would just race change themselves and people would watch the frog, orc, whatever hop around with his silly GM vendor swords.

Quote:
That's a solution, #dbspawn is another. Glad to hear you reimbursed though, we had a GM that ran around and circles and did that crap on ProjectEQ, his name was Akirus, and EVERYONE in the community hated that guy.

Quote:
I spawned those mobs in the CSHome dev box (his bind spot) earlier that day, and when I went to sleep he /summoned all the mobs to make that picture.
As I said on my comment, speculative. I haven't been on ProjectEQ since the down time, so aside from booting world and some zone servers on a local FreeBSD box, I have no real time reference point. What part of cshome is that if you don't mind me asking? The pool in the back, has columns on all four corners in the actual zone file and is a solid rectangle. The pools in the front are surrounded by marble tile. A custom s3d perhaps?

As I stated, this is YOUR server. I'm just offering you constructive criticism based on real world experience and what has in the past costed population loss on a longer running server.
Closed Thread