Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Default Lowbie Monk Gear Question

I'm an extremely casual player and my Monk is currently 15. I've gotten insanely lucky with a few people helping me out with gear already. I have a full set of Cured Silk armor, a Jade Mace, and a Master Wu's Trance Stick. Once I offload some bone chips and/or spider silks for a few hundred plat, would it be more worthwhile to try to get a set of Wu's armor, a cheap 2hb to keep the skill up, or something else all together? Thanks!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Get a cheap 2hb weapon and SCHW and HP rings if u dont have em
Old 02-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

In order of importance (since you have jade mace / wu's stick)

Haste (SCHW cheapest or FBSS) > HP/AC rings > 2hb (wu's quivering staff is decent at like 100p for skilling up) >>>>>> armor
Old 02-14-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Wu's Quivering Staff is usually 50-100p and good for leveling your 2hb skill. Keep the Jade mace till you get your epic, it's excellent DPS.

Pick up some platinum fire wedding rings (+55 hp each) and like these guys said get some haste gloves on the cheap, that's really all the gear you will ever need until you start working on your epic and do end-game raiding stuffs.

edit: Legididas stole my post and my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:54 PM
Aviak

Thanks guys! I think it'll be a while before I can farm up 500pp for the rings, though my time in Kurn's might help, and even longer before I have the money for a haste item. I guess I'll use my current plat on a Wu's Quivering Staff and go from there.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

From 20-40, wu's quivering staff will be your best bet for DPS. If you're soloing, 2HB will be the way to go period. Less reposits against you and bigger reposits in return. It also makes combat binding easier. You use wu's at 20 because that is when the damage cap is removed.

From there, get your platinum fire wedding rings and then a full set of wu's if you can find it cheap minus azure sleeves.

The one major drawback of wu's staff is that it is heavy at 10 stone so wu's fighting armor coming in at 0.1 is quite nice to manage your weight. Sell your jade mace and trance stick because you won't be able to carry it at the same time as your staff. You can always buy another one later when you're flush with plat later on.

Anyhow, after you have your wu's staff, rings, wu's armor, and azure sleeves, your next best bet will be silver chitten hand wraps. At 1k, these things are hard to beat.

Next up, GET A LARGE SOILED BAG. 10 slot, 100% weight reduction, small items only. You can now stock up on bandages and shuriken without worrying about weight.

From here, I would absolutely get an Imbued Fighter's Staff. Don't get a peacebringer in my opinion. There is a 6 weight difference between the two.

From here I would flesh out your gear, etc.

Anyhow, I would stick in kurns until 23, especially if you can get on late at night/early in the morning when the pop is low. Slaughter everything and get those bone chips! The exp is still decent solo. Also, MAKE SURE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR BIND WOUND SKILL. Learn how to combat bind. Make a macro for combat binding and a macro that allows you to do 5 binds in a row for when you're finished fighting.

After that, go to FM until 25, train your skills, and make a run to highkeep. This place was made for Iskar monks. You can sell and bank in the zone!! IMO, stay here until 40.

At 40, head to SolA and start your gnome slaughter. Stay here until 45. Sell to the goblin merchant in zone and buy gems to keep your weight down.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:49 AM
Aviak

I'm up to level 31. I got some good cash at the Warsliks Woods giant fort and had a friend hook me up with some hp rings. I managed to save enough cash to get SCHWs and a few other cheap pieces. I was wondering if there are any other fairly cheap must-haves that I should save up for at this point. My Magelo is in my sig.
40 Erudite Enchanter
<Kittens Who Say Meow>
P99 Blue
Old 03-02-2019, 05:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm up to level 31. I got some good cash at the Warsliks Woods giant fort and had a friend hook me up with some hp rings. I managed to save enough cash to get SCHWs and a few other cheap pieces. I was wondering if there are any other fairly cheap must-haves that I should save up for at this point. My Magelo is in my sig.
Doesn't really look like there are any other "must haves". A couple of tar-goo strands for your wrists have some chunky stats for their cheap price (50-100p each). Maybe consider saving for WR bags or Jboots, though those will be in the 5-6k range.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Some magic booties to kick ghosts with
Old 03-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't really look like there are any other "must haves". A couple of tar-goo strands for your wrists have some chunky stats for their cheap price (50-100p each). Maybe consider saving for WR bags or Jboots, though those will be in the 5-6k range.
I wasn't aware of Tar Goo Strands, so I'll have to pick a couple up. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some magic booties to kick ghosts with
I'll save up for some Black Pantherskin to fill in the rest of my slots that have Wu's or Cured Silk. That'll cover the magic boots.
40 Erudite Enchanter
<Kittens Who Say Meow>
P99 Blue
Closed Thread