Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin's right, if you get out of the high-end echo chamber and interact with the majority of the population. However, those sorts of camp restrictions tend to fall into the category of, "might be nice, but dunno how to realistically make it work."

In practice the number of camps that are permanently locked down in this fashion is rather small. It's a big game.

Danth
Old 04-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

If it goes away, entertaining threads like the one recently on Drusella Sathir will disappear too though D=
Old 04-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Large Rat

I think most players who only have 90 minutes to play would like some rule implemented to have big camp drops show up in their bank at the beginning of every session. Lets get to work on this: fungi, seahorse belt, narandi lance, all that shit, make it appear in bank for players with low playtime. I mean shit, everybody deserves gear they didnt put the time and effort in to attain.
While were at it, enchanters cant charm, shamans can't slow, necros have no pets, and pls remove mages from the game thanks. Will make it a lot easier on the other people to get phat lewtz. Man its rough playing a video game.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A) I said "many", and B) I honestly don't think most people on this server like the idea of a handful of people "locking" a camp down and monopolizing it for themselves for weeks at a time (something which absolutely has happened in the past with certain popular camps).
Made a select few people millions before the nerf.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

I have to agree. I enjoy camping in Droga with my alts. However since the chardock change, can't get down to chief at all cause all the 60's keeping it locked down.

It does get frustrating when you have a level appropriate group for a dungeon and the main camps are held by max levels indefinitely.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 04-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree. I enjoy camping in Droga with my alts. However since the chardock change, can't get down to chief at all cause all the 60's keeping it locked down.

It does get frustrating when you have a level appropriate group for a dungeon and the main camps are held by max levels indefinitely.
FWIW this is a (relatively) short-term problem. Right now Chardok 2.0 is new, and so everyone wants to do Droga ATM. But in time that excitement will die down.

I predict than in a year from now Droga may not be quite back to its old/dead self, but it should be much much closer and it should totally be possible for lower level groups to get camps there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW this is a (relatively) short-term problem. Right now Chardok 2.0 is new, and so everyone wants to do Droga ATM. But in time that excitement will die down.

I predict than in a year from now Droga may not be quite back to its old/dead self, but it should be much much closer and it should totally be possible for lower level groups to get camps there.
O there is definitely room for folks. The other night saw 26 ppl in there at one point and there were still tons of mobs. Wished more folks used it cause the money and xp is great for folks 35-44. Overall it does stink waiting for a single person to leave a camp so a group can take it but your probably right, its just popular right now.

Although gotta watch for the traitors, we killed one cause we were camping warder and some of the guys were not to happy.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 04-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although gotta watch for the traitors, we killed one cause we were camping warder and some of the guys were not to happy.
Heh, I can imagine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But really they shouldn't be; all you killing traitor means is they have to wait a little longer to ... get to wait a whole lot longer (to win a Shady Goblin roll).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Kobold

I don't see anything wrong with locking a camp down, people need the item...

I get that it sucks trying to gear your main or whatever against alts but it shouldn't really matter.

This is everquest, no one is promised loot or camps, it is an interactive game. Interact and figure out how to get what you want.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see anything wrong with locking a camp down, people need the item...

I get that it sucks trying to gear your main or whatever against alts but it shouldn't really matter.

This is everquest, no one is promised loot or camps, it is an interactive game. Interact and figure out how to get what you want.
I think it conflicts with how live was, and many people still want that experience here.

People never locked down camps in the classic era, or at least I've seen no in-era evidence of it. But I have seen the Verant guide book from that era (it got posted here awhile back), which included a play nice policy that specifically prohibited that sort of thing. In fact, it encouraged GMs to kick players out of camps once they got their item.

P99 is not live, and in this area in particular it especially isn't, because live had full-time paid GMs (and "sort of paid" guides), and P99 only has volunteers. But whatever policies P99 has to have in order for it to function, it won't change people pining for the classic EQ that they remember.

Last edited by loramin; 04-12-2019 at 02:53 PM..
Closed Thread