Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 06:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Blue or Green?

Hello all. I made my P99 account back in 2017 but I was never able to figure out the Titanium stuff and promptly forgot about it.

Fast forward to today and, thanks to some helpful tutorials, I finally got everything running.

I played classic through PoP, so I'm not completely lost, but it'll take some time to get back up to speed. My main question is: Blue or Green?

I prefer to PuG levels rather than solo, and I am most familiar with a shaman. Will Blue and Green both provide good opportunities for grouping? Is one server farther along than the other with less low-level folks? I enjoyed both Kunark and Velious, so that doesn't matter to me.

Any advice is appreciated, and I look forward to getting killed by level 1 rats soon.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Blue is something like 10 times older than green, long having completed its classic timeline. So blue is highly skewed toward the higher end, where even almost every low level player will actually be some high level players twink. Long story short, it's going to be easier to find groups on green which is still in the kunark period ot the classic timeline.

That said shamans are both buffer and healer so you might be able to get soe groups with the aforementioned twinks, since you don't need gear to do either of those.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:13 AM
Fire Giant

The advantage to blue is, if you know what you are doing, and have 1k in gear, you can go anywhere and do what you want.

Green is for the feel of starting over again.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:56 AM
Aviak

Welcome back, I’ve been playing green for a few weeks and never have a problem finding a group. I even got invited to an loio group a few days ago after that morning being in a mistmoore entrance group, really brought me back.

Havnt played blue yet but as said before: I imagine it’s just a random super twink here and there-from my experience on green there have been people with normal/good gear. Few super twinks but not many.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:13 AM
Banned

Green is popping, I havent tried to grp for reals yet, but I'm sure u can find them everywhere u go.

Blue people will proably powerlvl u and it will be ez. my rogue on blue has already the best gear at lvl 12

on red u can solo as much as u want and join perdition for good pvp and friendship if u like soloing more, but u will never see anyone

on green i've already run into tons of twinks helping me but also being super respectful and kind and generous but not toooo generous, i'm still only using a gnoll hide lariat at lvl 8 which is pretty OP but not too OP
Closed Thread