Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconSeaDog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok, as a 41 druid my primary DOT spells are nonfunctional. Imolate and Drones of Doom do no damage. I can no longer root-rot, I am required to root-nuke. Which isn't a huge difference for me, as I don't normally like to solo, but right now I'm trying to get some solo (mostly afk) work done in game and this is horribly frustrating.

Is there a download I need to correct this issue? Or is this a server side fix that needs to be implemented?
Honestly afk root nuke is the best(I’m a 54 Druid on green). I have almost exclusively soloed by root nuking while afk because instead of afk during a dot, you afk while you meditate after the nuke, and the kills are faster so less paying attention, reapplying dots/roots, etc. additionally if you spec evoke like I did, your set up for some fat quad kiting.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:14 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly afk root nuke is the best(I’m a 54 Druid on green). I have almost exclusively soloed by root nuking while afk because instead of afk during a dot, you afk while you meditate after the nuke, and the kills are faster so less paying attention, reapplying dots/roots, etc. additionally if you spec evoke like I did, your set up for some fat quad kiting.
Where were you hunting at 34 and beyond?
Old 01-19-2022, 02:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default WHY NERF THE POPULAR ZONES?

Why did you nerf the popular zones like Permafrost & The Hole's ZEM? you made it so that now its harder to get groups to go there.
and why up the ZEM for planes? that makes no sense at all! no one goes to to the planes to exp!
Last edited by Tandhar; 01-19-2022 at 02:40 PM..
Old 01-19-2022, 02:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandhar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did you nerf the popular zones like Permafrost & The Hole's ZEM? you made it so that now its harder to get groups to go there.
and why up the ZEM for planes? that makes no sense at all! no one goes to to the planes to exp!
Those ZEMs were too high and personally I was sick of Hole. I'm glad things are more spread out.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao, wow. How beaten down are people with the updates that this was actually a real response?
Old 01-22-2022, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where were you hunting at 34 and beyond?
I either did camps with +wis gear(this was classic pre velious/kunark), and followed the p99 wiki guides for making plat while leveling mostly.

I think by mid/late 30s i was quadding specs in oot.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

I did nukespam on my blue wizard at gnolls/scrolls followed by spectres then seafury then cs wyvern quads.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-26-2022, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconSeaDog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok, as a 41 druid my primary DOT spells are nonfunctional. Imolate and Drones of Doom do no damage. I can no longer root-rot, I am required to root-nuke. Which isn't a huge difference for me, as I don't normally like to solo, but right now I'm trying to get some solo (mostly afk) work done in game and this is horribly frustrating.

Is there a download I need to correct this issue? Or is this a server side fix that needs to be implemented?
If you’re not quad kiting you’re doing it wrong. Especially in the 40s
Old 02-28-2022, 08:54 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Latest Patch (55) Not Workin?

Hello, all!

I installed Project 1999 and the latest patch from the Home Page (P99Files55.zip). When logged in to the Server, I receive and error stating, "Your spells file is outdated."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is this something the P99 admins and devs are aware of? Or do I look to other reasons, such as bad installation media?

Possibly relevant information:

I run Linux (Fedora 34, and am using the latest Wine Staging (v7.3) from the WineHQ repo. Setting up the Wine Bottle and installing the required dlls takes no more than 10 minutes. Another 5 minutes at most to install EQ Titanium. There are never any errors during installation.

The architecture is set to Windows 7, 32-bit. I have also installed the following dlls in the bottle (additional supporting dlls installed by Wine):

d3dx9_43
dotnet35
mfc90
quartz
vcrun2010

Moreover, I have set the sound device in the Wine Bottle to use Pulse Audio, and have backed this up with fluidsynth. Sound works perfectly.

Thanks in advance for replies!

Vic
Old 02-28-2022, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandhar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plane of Fear is one of the best places to exp for a Necro, Druid, Enchanter, along with a partner. It can be tricky getting to the north wall, but once you're there, it's great. Having fear is handy, so Dru+Nec works well, charmed Shiverback and Irak Altil utterly obliterate enemies, the necro can just pull in mobs and fear and immediately go out for another pull.