Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Breath of Harmony awesome again in Velious?

Every bard drops Breath of Harmony once they get their epic. However, in Velious once the epic instrument modifier works in the offhand, will we see bards be using this as their primary unless they have very high end Tunare, Sleeper's Tomb, or Tunare drops when grouping? Or, is there some other inexpensive weapon that is just as awesome and outweighs the benefit of another instant regen group song?

Obviously, I realize raiding bards will be using drums of the beast in their primary.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Drums of Beast for Occlusion. Denon's Horn of War for Tank groups (dat DS song). Lyran's Lute for DPS groups / AE fights (dat HP regen). Ervaj's Flute for questing (dat faction song).

Basically, bards will want to throw on the primary instrument of the song they're doing and secondary the epic. I think you get sufficient procs secondarying the epic to maintain it on the group.

Cycling in BoH for a free clicky will be nice though.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

afk with mana song from classic - PoP, bard life ez life
Old 07-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

So unless you need MR, you get more of the other resists out of epic+psalm for whatever resist you need. So probably not as much drums as you think (assuming a person has their epic).

Looking through, until you upgrade to end-game 60% haste daggers (Koi`Doken or Tunare), you'll likely use BoH. The other possibilities might be Orb of Tishan for tash (which does not stack like it classically should), Willsapper (good luck getting that over any other melee class), or the resist sword from PD.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drums of Beast for Occlusion. Denon's Horn of War for Tank groups (dat DS song). Lyran's Lute for DPS groups / AE fights (dat HP regen). Ervaj's Flute for questing (dat faction song).

Basically, bards will want to throw on the primary instrument of the song they're doing and secondary the epic. I think you get sufficient procs secondarying the epic to maintain it on the group.

Cycling in BoH for a free clicky will be nice though.
I'm not drumming for occlusion for mobs for group content, and in my limited testing, flute does not modify amount of faction provided.

I'll likely remain DWing in group content, only swapping in a lute in significant downtimes or for lulls when initially splitting camps.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

BoH will go back into my mainhand until I can get a drums of the beast, then ill mostly be using those
Old 07-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

It's still a year after Velious release, November patch.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not drumming for occlusion for mobs for group content, and in my limited testing, flute does not modify amount of faction provided.

I'll likely remain DWing in group content, only swapping in a lute in significant downtimes or for lulls when initially splitting camps.
Try flute factioning on beta. I'm 99% sure I tested it by faction songing a Coldain guard and then using the gnomes to drop my faction 1 message at a time and con until I dropped from Kindly to Amiable. Then I put on flute and did the song and I jumped back to Kindly.

Almost 100% sure on that. I also checked faction song and alliance neck and they didn't stack using the same method.

Also what evilkorn said. Epic doesn't become offhand usable for instrument purposes until 10-11 months down the line. Gonna be a ways away.
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-28-2015 at 01:32 PM..
Old 07-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Almost 100% sure on that. I also checked faction song and alliance neck and they didn't stack using the same method.
Definitely correct on this. I tested as well.

However, I'm not positive on the flute actually changing faction. I did not notice much difference from the sky one when I tested, but perhaps, I was not at the right levels to test well.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Test the way I describe. Use faction song and con a Coldain guard. Drop your faction 1 message at a time with the gnomes until you drop 1 tier of faction, then equip the flute and sing the song again on the guard and see if that bumps you back up a tier. It should get modified.
Closed Thread