Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-24-2022, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues are terribly squishy.

Like too squishy to even body pull for a group.
I tanked for my Seb group last night. Totally doable, though not ideal if a slower is present lol
Old 12-25-2022, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Idk my rogue is in scrub ec tunnel gear with an epic, but I can't tank for shit. I've got about 12 seconds before I take a dirt nap.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-25-2022, 05:24 PM
Banned

Yeah same.

But I've also geared myself for a high STR build, because you know, we're supposed to do damage.

When someone asks me to pull and tank, they're essentially asking me to commit suicide.
Old 12-27-2022, 06:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK how accurate this statement is. Like I've never seen a Rogue who can nearly as well as a Monk. I don't play either classes, but as a healer, sometimes I actually have an easier time healing a monk than I do actual tanks because their mitigation seems really high and they have mend.
this is because every monk gears to solo, tank for a duo partner, or pull for a group. because that's what they have to do 99% of the time. meanwhile rogues gear to do the big dps.
Old 12-27-2022, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK how accurate this statement is. Like I've never seen a Rogue who can nearly as well as a Monk. I don't play either classes, but as a healer, sometimes I actually have an easier time healing a monk than I do actual tanks because their mitigation seems really high and they have mend.
Block is a better skill than it’s counterparts.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 12-27-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Block is broke along with monk defense in general in this era.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Really interesting results there. Particularly interesting to see the the ranger having a better average hit than the monk, despite a far lower AC. I wonder whether that is a result of the ranger having poor avoidance but decent access to AC buffs? That certainly is reflected by the Accuracy scores!

I'm also interested to know the races of the SKs. Are either iksar?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 12-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really interesting results there. Particularly interesting to see the the ranger having a better average hit than the monk, despite a far lower AC. I wonder whether that is a result of the ranger having poor avoidance but decent access to AC buffs? That certainly is reflected by the Accuracy scores!

I'm also interested to know the races of the SKs. Are either iksar?
I would think the ranger being 3 levels higher as well as having access to ac buffs might contribute but I don’t know anything else about those parses I don’t remember where the original post was on this.
Old 12-27-2022, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

I would stack HP and resist on rogue...if you are tanking you are definitely doing it wrong /nod.
Old 12-29-2022, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

I really like AC as a stat in general. Rogues can get tanky enough for group content, especially if you're being healed by a Torp Shaman instead of a Cleric. Rogue HP sucks so does not benefit as much from CHeals, but defensive skills are equal to Warriors and we get an extra AC boost from AGI that helps offset the higher Warrior Softcap AC returns. If you use poison you can also have immediate snap aggro on every engage which can be good.

Most of the time it makes more sense for someone else to tank so the Rogue can backstab, but I have found having high AC to be nice for some niche stuff like duoing puppets in POM, irregular plate house groups with no real tank or the time I took a group of Rogues to SG and we just stealthed around the zone assassinating singles. Our main tank was a WToV geared Rogue, and she did great at surviving while the rest of us burned down targets. We had a factioned cleric patch her up between kills so we could keep rolling.

Its less good for raid boss fights, where maybe you survive an extra round of attacks if you draw aggro or something, but probably doesn't make a big difference.