Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stockmarket teetering on the brink of disaster.

putin must be thinking, no no no no they're about to collapse, noo we just had to last like 3 more months 😭
If he was a patient man he wouldn't have needed to invade anywhere
Old 09-22-2022, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

or maybe would have planned this invasion.

I read that they really did send most of the soldiers in thinking it was training, with half ammo and gas so they wouldnt be suspicious even.

And like only the top brass knew what was going to happen? That is just totally insane to me lol
Old 09-22-2022, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I read that they really did send most of the soldiers in thinking it was training, with half ammo and gas so they wouldnt be suspicious even.

And like only the top brass knew what was going to happen? That is just totally insane to me lol
what i'm saying is given a few more years ukraine would probably have been trying to get out of natao
Old 09-22-2022, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

ah, and an invasion also kind of enshrines that it will last much longer heh
Old 09-22-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

If that's 2040 Im gonna be making some pretty butthurt posts about the world hanging not ended.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

One of the ways US intel knew Russia was about to invade was the fact they knew they were shipping blood bags to the border.

Apparently blood bags are in short supply and are fairly perishable. Something you don't bring along for training.

I also heard Russia will activate conscripts (something that isn't legal in Russia) by holding referendums in combat zones within Ukraine. Once they vote to join Russia, then they are allowed to send conscripts to "Russian territory" when in reality, they're on the front lines of the war.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Theres a TV show about russia taking over Finland with like a super stealth urban invasion with like russian special forces ninjas.

And I think they saw that and were like, letd do ziz in ukraine ya!
Old 09-22-2022, 12:45 PM
Banned

Credit where credit is due - this was funny

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2022, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the ways US intel knew Russia was about to invade was the fact they knew they were shipping blood bags to the border.

Apparently blood bags are in short supply and are fairly perishable. Something you don't bring along for training.

I also heard Russia will activate conscripts (something that isn't legal in Russia) by holding referendums in combat zones within Ukraine. Once they vote to join Russia, then they are allowed to send conscripts to "Russian territory" when in reality, they're on the front lines of the war.
They already are activating conscripts. Some of the ones being arrested for protesting right now received conscription letters, according to today's news.

So yes once the fake vote ends they'll be sent to the Ukraine. It's going to be a disaster. You think the regular troops' morale is bad? Conscripts will desert in droves.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They already are activating conscripts. Some of the ones being arrested for protesting right now received conscription letters, according to today's news.

So yes once the fake vote ends they'll be sent to the Ukraine. It's going to be a disaster. You think the regular troops' morale is bad? Conscripts will desert in droves.
Russia also only has ONE base in country dedicated to training.

While not all 300k will be conscripted (reserves are being called up) there will be a log jam in the way of training. If they want to alleviate that, they can either send them to the front without training or wait for more bases to process the newbies.

Either option is not good.