Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Server GM

Default Boxing and you

Alrighty folks, with Green arriving soon I wanted to go over boxing. We take this rule extremely seriously and heavily enforce it.

What is boxing exactly? Well, Llandris has it clearly defined in the PNP rules post.

Quote:
6. You may not have more than one client running per real life person playing on Project 1999 (Boxing).

There is no 'boxing' on Project 1999 servers. Boxing is defined as having more than one client running from a single computer, or having more than one client running per person in the same household on different computers. Project 1999 has an IP block on its servers to prevent players from boxing. You may apply for an IP exemption if you have more than one person in your household wanting to play by following the instructions on this forum:

Petition forums. Be sure to read the announcement sticky prior to posting to ensure all required information is contained within your petition.

Violation of this rule will result in disciplinary action, and you may lose the account(s) involved.

The exception to this rule is having one client running for Project 1999 Red PvP as well as one for Project 1999 Blue. This is allowed.

With that I'll reiterate, the one account per person ratio must be maintained at all times while playing on any of our servers, no exception. This doesn't mean you can't own multiple accounts, this just means you can't use them at the same time on the same server.

We get a disgustingly large amount of folks caught boxing saying things like;
  • It was only for a second!
  • I was only transferring an item!
  • I was only porting myself!

This is still boxing.

Other actions that are heavily frowned upon that we will start to enforce are /quitting to quickly switch accounts or letting a second account sit in character select... yes we can see this.

So, in the future if we see this kind of behavior one of the following may happen.
  1. A warning and a mark on your accounts.
  2. IP Exemptions removed.
  3. Boxing 30 day suspension.
  4. Boxing Ban.

Also, remember that at any point in time while playing on our servers, you may be approached by a staff member for a boxing check. Do not camp out or go LD. The faster you comply with instructions, the faster we can let you return to the game if found innocent. All players are expected to be capable of communicating in English and have basic movement skills.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:45 AM
Sarnak

Is there any word yet on whether we can run a Green character and a Blue character at the same time?
Old 10-16-2019, 02:09 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any word yet on whether we can run a Green character and a Blue character at the same time?
Yes, you can have single characters on blue, red and green at the same time!
Old 10-16-2019, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was in the original announcement: Introducing Project 1999: Green

Quote:
Boxing
As usual with all Project 1999 servers, boxing will NOT be allowed. However, as is currently the case with Blue and Red, you may play one character per server at the same time.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was in the original announcement: Introducing Project 1999: Green
Ack! Totally missed that. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Pras p99
No boxing is one of the reasons I keep coming back.
Every player character in the game is a person in real life.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pras p99
Its honestly my pure drive to be here. Its not even the nostalgia anymore. I have more memories of classic everquest in blue now then my original rallos zek and sullon runs. I would even play live, but the fact that everyone plays multiple characters really, really, really, really, really irritates me. I hate boxing more then anything else in any game meant to be played as a single character. Playing in a team is so worthwhile for so many reasons.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fact that everyone plays multiple characters really, really, really, really, really irritates me. I hate boxing more then anything else in any game meant to be played as a single character. Playing in a team is so worthwhile for so many reasons.
I agree. It bums me out to be playing the game with a bunch of characters only to find that Fiona is just a useless barely responsive heal bot, and Geralttto is switching between Fiona and the rogue so won't really be doing much talking about what we are doing in /g

Definitely destroys the game.

You're a warrior. You need a healer to heal you and a porter to port you.

VS

You're a warrior and you log into random caster to do all the stuff your warrior can't do.

= no community no communication no everquest no fun
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pras p99
+1

Also a big shout out to some of the obvious idiots who'll sell high elf guard weapons on a second account and things like that. Shit's obvious and it'll cost you both accounts, why do it? Play properly like the rest of us. In that example, bind at the Steamfont druid rings and run back, takes 2 minutes - invis bank around the wall in Felwithe... its easy <3

How many IP exemptions have been given out since P99 started, I wonder? I bet its almost five figures...there's only so many "brothers" out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 06:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1

Also a big shout out to some of the obvious idiots who'll sell high elf guard weapons on a second account and things like that. Shit's obvious and it'll cost you both accounts, why do it? Play properly like the rest of us. In that example, bind at the Steamfont druid rings and run back, takes 2 minutes - invis bank around the wall in Felwithe... its easy <3

How many IP exemptions have been given out since P99 started, I wonder? I bet its almost five figures...there's only so many "brothers" out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has this come up in the past? What if you have a second person log in to different level 1 characters just to do sales/transfers etc?

If the second person actually existed but in-game only served to be used for muling/sales/transfers etc would that be considered against the rules since it doesn't serve the spirit of the IP exemptions (ie, actually allowing families/roommates to each play the game)?
Closed Thread