Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you just sound like a crazy person because the updated character models were much better, I used them for as long as I could on P99, and the server would be better if I could still use them.
The models were very polarizing. Some people liked them other people loathed them.

I went looking from this dapper and suave gentleman:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To this bumpy lunkhead monstrosity:

But they didn't change the world, so every time I went outside the game gave me a big fuck you to how I used to look:

Of course my whining is irrelevant considering what they did to the Trolls!
Old 10-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Banned

Male cat is built like Arnold Terminator and the female has tiddies and wears panties.. its a cat..

Old 10-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course my whining is irrelevant considering what they did to the Trolls!
And the new models have the same awkward stance, one hand sticking out and some races have a lean/slouch. All have spread legs to accept a game breaking mount.

to

Old 10-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

The Luclin mage pet models were better, but they rest of them weren't nice. I seem to recall the run animations were extremely poor at first, like didn't look like the knees were bending or something.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yoU caN teLL whEn moNey triUmPHd OvEr SoUL

*big empty white zones*
Angry warlike drunks, giants, dragon!

Orcs, gnolls! Huge hairy beasts!

Quests with diametrically opposed factions!

Tradeskill quest!

No colours!

Snow leopards!

Evil sorceror hiding in his warren!

Where am i describing?
Old 10-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Luclin mage pet models were better
Personally I thought they were awful. Earth pet has legs walking around and fire pet has a body.

I would take these though as an upgrade.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I thought they were awful. Earth pet has legs walking around and fire pet has a body.

some sexy ass ghosts
Old 10-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Filed under drugs / over or under medicated
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellgoddess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok for starters you all have to realize the game you are playing is only 40% of the content that it was meant to be, you can thank SoE for this. varrant the people who made this game never intended for there to be a Expansion it was meant to be a one time purchase of a game and a subscription. All new content after that was meant to be a Addition that your subscription payed for.

now they F'd the game up in several ways starters there was never suppose to be luclin content as the continent of Obulus or Odus was meant to be the home of the Kat like beast race the Kerren (they were not suppose to be named Vah Shir). why is that well Kunark is actually the continent of Kylong and Jarsath was never added to the game.

Lets Backpedal for a bit to the original game, did you know that naggy and vox are not the end bosses of the classic game. Nope, That was supose to be The Shadow King in a zone called Shadowrest, ill explain the shadow king is the leader of the shadowmen they are actually an invading force that are weakening the people of norrath for a full on invasion. Some of the NPC mostly some of the ones who do nothing in the current game are actually shadowmen in disguise causing all knowns of trouble in the area they are at.

The quest that was never added, the Ruby Amber Lens and the Emerald Jade Lens, these are several quests actually you needed to collect a few items and make each part of the gnome made spectacles that i dont know the name of as they were never coded or added to game. first was the Ruby Amber Lens, second was the Emerald Jade Lens, and third was the magical frames for the lenses made of some material ill never know. after the construction of these lens you could then see content that you didnt see before (i know you prolly hear that rumor or heard them say that over 1000 or so items from the original game have yet to be found in everquest, yea thats why they are not in game). Furthermore the most important part is these specs let you see the true form of the Shadowmen as well as the entrance to Shadowrest. However shadowrest was left out of launch of the original game, and SoE came up with the bright ideal that they could make more money if they simple added it later as what they would call an Expansion Pack for the game ( i hope you can see were this is going). after its run and the time for the next expansion pack was due they decided that adding shadowrest was not enough content and went ahead with kunark, and then Velious, and then later decided never to add it to the game as lower level content was not needed to keep people playing. When Pop Came out they scraped the ideal of it altogether and used the shadowrest zone as a corpse retrieval zone.

So much more was left out there are actually many beast races that were ment to be playable races the starting 3 would be the slaves of the Shissar the Iksar or the lizardman race, the Kerren or the catman race, and the Aviak the Birdman race (o wait what ?). yea the Aviak are actually the inhabitants of the Continent of Jarsath that was never added. (ill also note that later something was added that was intended to be this but they well they SoEed the hell out of it and now its a pile of crap "Taelosia", i believe this to be so as there culture was Aztec looking and that was how the aviak was intended to be) Now after these 3 were suppose to then be the monster races froglok, Gnoll, Kobold, Orc, and Goblin. how many or if any were to be added will remain a mystery.

Ok lets move on to Kunark, no Veeshan serously no Veeshan. it was intended that the gods were to have a zone of there own. VP was intended to have Veeshan as the Final Boss. Velious later added the Planes Hate, Fear, and Sky as well as the Planes of Growth and Mischief. each one of these planes was intended to house a kill-able god. they later added the disaster of a expansion PoP which added many of the other gods however they did it all wrong. each plane was to be singular from the other planes. each god was to be kill-able or not and house quests for those who worshiped them. many of which would require you to hunt quest parts in other god zones.

and its probably time for the server to be back up so ima stop ranting and go play, if anyone has anything to add pls do so.
/good read [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and I wish they had gone with the first plan instead of what we got.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Closed Thread