Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay then. Bye!
Bye Felicia!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:36 AM
VIP / Contributor

Luclin models decrease framerate and therefore should not be enabled.

You're welcome.

Luclin models did not exist until the release of Shadows of Luclin and are not era-appropriate. They should not be allowed in the game for a consistent playing experience across all players, much like disabling skeleton models is considered cheating on PVP servers.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-17-2019, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that I know of, project Return Home is supposedly working on one, but it has been years and reconstructing the game with no live server to packet sniff on has proven difficult. The page has been dead for a while, so I do not hold out hope.
Thanks. I used to keep an eye on that (that's the one, name's familiar). I never played EQOA so I figured I could give it a try. With no live server, development would be reduced to brute forcing the packet structure and such....that's a slow tedious process. It's killed more than one emulator project.

Danth
Old 10-17-2019, 09:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin models decrease framerate and therefore should not be enabled.

You're welcome.

Luclin models did not exist until the release of Shadows of Luclin and are not era-appropriate. They should not be allowed in the game for a consistent playing experience across all players, much like disabling skeleton models is considered cheating on PVP servers.
Thanks that was easy to digest and makes sense. I appreciate that.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, another useless/non contributing/sarcastic response. Good job adding substance to the conversation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know I had sympathy because you had one experience and it was changed and you didn't know the reason. But then someone offers you an alternative, like hey you can go play on this specific server that offers the models you like and this is the name of it.

Then you shit on them, you petulant ass.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know I had sympathy because you had one experience and it was changed and you didn't know the reason. But then someone offers you an alternative, like hey you can go play on this specific server that offers the models you like and this is the name of it.

Is that a real thing? Sorry it seemed sarcastic and a quick google search showed unrelated tools etc. If so I apologize for my ignorance you petulant ass.

Edit: thanks for the new insult.

Edit2: also sure ill just re-roll on a new server after a year and a half over models.

This should be closed now because my question was answered already.
Last edited by daemaas; 10-17-2019 at 10:01 AM..
Old 10-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Is that a real thing? Sorry it seemed sarcastic and a quick google search showed unrelated tools etc. If so I apologize for my ignorance you petulant ass.

Edit: thanks for the new insult.

Edit2: also sure ill just re-roll on a new server after a year and a half over models. This should be closed now because my question was answered already.
You're still here? Thought you quit? You were offered two responses that you claim were sufficient, yet you are still here fighting with people....
Old 10-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

After a deeper google search it looks like it is no longer called p2002 it is called wayfarershaven. But man I really like that "petulant ass" insult. So it was a happy misunderstanding.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're still here? Thought you quit? You were offered two responses that you claim were sufficient, yet you are still here fighting with people....
Im not online im on the forums, you still mad Felicia?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:06 AM
Kobold

Luclin models are fucking disgusting. OP should be banned on his lack of aesthetic taste and for being a 40 year old man throwing a temper tantrum over an issue that was decided in 2009.
Closed Thread