Fire Giant

came back the next day
Old 03-11-2024, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

sounds about right
Old 03-24-2024, 06:27 AM
Large Rat

nope sorry, still quit, not coming back to play again ever

I don't have the time I had as a kid where I could waste hours in a game just waiting for an opportunity to do something productive

part of me is jealous that some of you still do... the rest of me finds it sad and pathetic
Old 03-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiabait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

part of me is jealous that some of you still do... the rest of me finds it sad and pathetic
Eq is like a second life for most ppl. It's better than drugs. And the other alternatives. Sadly we live in an oppressive state where we cannot camp the bad guys. So we go camp the ghoul lord instead.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:20 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eq is like a second life for most ppl. It's better than drugs. And the other alternatives.
IMO it's dangerous to play online games if you don't know what a Skinner Box is and how to recognize when you've been trapped in one. If you know the warning signs you can stop yourself at the appropriate time. If not, it does a horrible number on your psyche and destroys your ability to shape your own fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly we live in an oppressive state where we cannot camp the bad guys. So we go camp the ghoul lord instead.
You can "camp the bad guys" in various ways in RL. I do a form of this in my work, and I actually use raid/guild organization skills that I learned decades ago from binging EQ when bringing together coalitions against bad actors. It is way more risky and dangerous than playing a game, but the satisfaction level of making a real difference in the real world can't be reproduced by any Skinner Box.

Use the same iron determination that you use to overcome game challenges in the real world, and you can make a positive difference in all sorts of ways - things that will still be, long after the game servers have been turned off.

No matter how much time you've wasted in a digital fantasy, you can still turn it around and do the equivalent of dragon slaying in the real world, which is waiting for heroes just like yourself to step up.

I believe in you... you can do it. There's something much bigger than a game that is calling you, and you need but answer.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiabait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO it's dangerous to play online games if you don't know what a Skinner Box is and how to recognize when you've been trapped in one. If you know the warning signs you can stop yourself at the appropriate time. If not, it does a horrible number on your psyche and destroys your ability to shape your own fate.

You can "camp the bad guys" in various ways in RL. I do a form of this in my work, and I actually use raid/guild organization skills that I learned decades ago from binging EQ when bringing together coalitions against bad actors. It is way more risky and dangerous than playing a game, but the satisfaction level of making a real difference in the real world can't be reproduced by any Skinner Box.

Use the same iron determination that you use to overcome game challenges in the real world, and you can make a positive difference in all sorts of ways - things that will still be, long after the game servers have been turned off.

No matter how much time you've wasted in a digital fantasy, you can still turn it around and do the equivalent of dragon slaying in the real world, which is waiting for heroes just like yourself to step up.

I believe in you... you can do it. There's something much bigger than a game that is calling you, and you need but answer.
Sage advice for the youngins. Now if we could only get them away from tiktok. And Facebook. And show them how to do just that in the real world. We need more police. Medics. And soldiers big time.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the rest of me finds it sad and pathetic
You actually had a nice thread before this. Don't sink to this level of shaming people for playing. For once was nice to see a simple goodbye without any judgement. To each their own
Old 03-26-2024, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

solo grind + audiobook...
currently nejena + notes from underground.

ps. dont talk to me.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
solo grind + audiobook...
currently nejena + notes from underground.

ps. dont talk to me.
Used to do that back in the day in WoW. It was pretty relaxing