Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-10-2024, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

If you add in an item you just ask whether it's okay first and then take a lower price for the inconvenience, simple as
Old 01-10-2024, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Funny because plat is nearly useless in old EQ, port gems are like the only necessity and peridots.

Should have made armor quest gems for velious purchasable instead of world drops. Would have sucked a lot of plat out of the economy
Old 01-10-2024, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

A ton of plat (100-300k) was removed from the server every single raid cycle. And then one day we removed recharges. So here we are.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A ton of plat (100-300k) was removed from the server every single raid cycle. And then one day we removed recharges. So here we are.
yeah that really hurt...and on the other end too w/ guilds selling raid loot for funds
Old 01-10-2024, 03:39 PM
Orc

This topic is clearly from someone who doesn't understand business. Giving yourself a "no" without even asking is severely limiting. Yes, I do this all the time because of many different scenarios.

a) maybe that person doesn't want to sit in EC all day and that initial plat offer plus the item gives them some liquid capital to play with.

b) they don't actually really care much about the item and are willing to take a loss. They certainly aren't going to advertise that.

c) some items are easier to sell than others, even at the same "value". For instance, a class specific item like an ebon mace might be valued at say 1600 plat, but you will have a harder time moving it than something like silver chitin handwraps. The same goes for the filler item. Maybe you take 1k plus a common 600p item to reduce your time in EC.

So really what you are saying is that you have no self-control to just say no and move on. It harms no one for either the ask to be made, or the rejection.
Old 01-10-2024, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forgot about recharges. My guess is proper velious gem costs from vendor only would have been a more consistent drain. Original devs missed the boat on a stable economy there, could do for every expansion essentially. Instead of kunark class armor dropping complete/functional need to buy gems to complete hand in, etc.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have an item you can't sell, don't try to include it in a trade for the current value of that item

Don't pawn off illiquid stuff on people and make then do the work selling it.

If it was worth what you're trading it in for you would have been able to sell it and get the plat to begin with

/rant
I'll take an item + plat trade sometimes if it's an expensive item and they're going to give it to me at a 4 figure discount.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This topic is clearly from someone who doesn't understand business. Giving yourself a "no" without even asking is severely limiting. Yes, I do this all the time because of many different scenarios.

a) maybe that person doesn't want to sit in EC all day and that initial plat offer plus the item gives them some liquid capital to play with.

b) they don't actually really care much about the item and are willing to take a loss. They certainly aren't going to advertise that.

c) some items are easier to sell than others, even at the same "value". For instance, a class specific item like an ebon mace might be valued at say 1600 plat, but you will have a harder time moving it than something like silver chitin handwraps. The same goes for the filler item. Maybe you take 1k plus a common 600p item to reduce your time in EC.

So really what you are saying is that you have no self-control to just say no and move on. It harms no one for either the ask to be made, or the rejection.
I do just say no but people will expect "oh I have an item that averages 50k plat so it's obviously worth 50k in a trade"

Not many items are fluid enough to be used at their standard value.

I'd take a fungi / cof type item as a trade at a slight discount but someone offers me a blade of carnage at 80-100k value , no shot I'm taking that deal. You may have paid 90k for that thing but you're gunna have a hell of a time selling it. So I'll value ur boc at 50k and that way you don't have to come up with 50k plat and we can do business.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-18-2024, 08:50 AM
Large Rat

an item that can't be sold to a player for lack of willing buyers has a market value equal to its vendor price

this is Free Market 101 stuff
Old 02-21-2024, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Sorry you have a hard life bruv, keep on keeping on.