Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Kobold

Default Cleric Question: How do you heal Aoe Chardok Groups?

I've never done it before but I'd like to learn. What are the tickets to being successful at this camp?
Old 12-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Properly timing DA and DB. Healing the puller on time. Not asking for or receiving buffs after healing the puller.

Have fast heals loaded and hotkeys for the enchanters. If the enchanters die faster than your remedy or divine light can get to them, then you are probably wiping and just try again in 15 minutes.

Binding outside should be mandatory for the cleric.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

• Need level 50.
  • Need epic - Wipe means rezzing upwards of 10 people, the amount of time spent medding and rezzing these people is ridiculous without epic.
  • Need to be bound outside for inevitable wipes.
  • I prefer to cast DB 1st. DA is a 1s cast time, and easier to get off when lots of mobs are coming to hit you. DB on the other hand is 2s cast time.
  • I keep a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring equipped on my cleric, and I click it for Global Cooldown Removal so that I can rapid fires DL/Remedy on chanters who get low.
  • Buff all enchanters and yourself with Heroic Bond + Symbol of Marzin/Naltron, refresh before they end.
  • Use Upheaval randomly for DPS
  • Spam Donal's Boots clicky for mana free DPS

Basically before the pull make sure you have Rune V + Bedlam. The puller will come in, ask you to heal him. You can cast Remedy or Minor Healing on him, then sit down. When he calls 1st wave incoming, you need to stand and cast your first DA/DB. Then you sit down again. After 2 tics of the spell (when there is 1 tic remaining) spam a /shout "STUN NOW" hotkey to let chanters know to begin their stuns. Cast your 2nd DA once the first ends. (I find often I will have to remove my 2nd DA early to heal the chanters who get low, which will mean you need to heal yourself). Keep enchanters healed (this is your #1 job once the DAs have worn off). Use Boots (as mentioned above) to assist with DPS, you can also throw extra Upheavals.

Try to keep a little mana in reserve for heals incase of unlucky resists. IE don't burn all your mana casting Upheavals.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Thank you Daldaen, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Looks like I've fulfilled all the criteria, just need the technique now.

Are chanters usually inside or outside the group, or does that depend on who needs xp?
Old 12-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Generally all chanters are outside the exp group in the "support group".

If you need exp on the cleric what I will do is drop the exp group to group Heroic Bond and Naltron's Mark then drop group and rejoin exp group. About 2-3 pulls later you need to drop, rejoin and cast again.

Get used to the chanters names to heal them fast. /tar ABC to target them fast is what I do because it's classic. If you want to use the cycle PC Hotkey you can use that too. Setting up a second chat window with ONLY Other's Melee in it is a good way to track when chanters are getting hit
Closed Thread