Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Why didn't you just have your brother log in? Also, coin dropping is blocked by the UI so I'm not sure if they'll ever be able to fix that into classicness.

If you want to transfer plat, just buy some gems. You'll lose a small bit on the conversion but if you're transfering more than a few hundred PP to be able to buy spells with you really should just find someone else to do it for you.

Now, I am with you, I'd love for either shared banks or the ability to create a 'transfer' account that you could 2 box with legitimately but it's never going to happen. Infact I even made a poll about it a few years ago: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36316.

It won't happen so I've just learned to adapt.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

I've been dropping bags like crazy for my new alt. Just find a nice empty room in Freeport or any other city. Make sure to park both characters there. Drop the bag at 10 seconds to camp and logon to your other character as fast as you possibly can. It's kind of a thrill to see the bag still there when you login!
Last edited by Maelstrom; 01-20-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why didn't you just have your brother log in? Also, coin dropping is blocked by the UI so I'm not sure if they'll ever be able to fix that into classicness.

If you want to transfer plat, just buy some gems. You'll lose a small bit on the conversion but if you're transfering more than a few hundred PP to be able to buy spells with you really should just find someone else to do it for you.

Now, I am with you, I'd love for either shared banks or the ability to create a 'transfer' account that you could 2 box with legitimately but it's never going to happen. Infact I even made a poll about it a few years ago: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36316.

It won't happen so I've just learned to adapt.
the solution to dropping coins is to create a gem that buys and sells without any loss that you can drop on the ground and weighs the same as the coinage would have. put the npc that sells it only near the banker in major cities etc. you can prob give the gem the same model as the coins had...so you could get the classic look of coins on the ground back too.

dropping actual coins can't happen because of the restrictions on p99 as I understand it, but work arounds are possible.
Last edited by fastboy21; 01-20-2014 at 02:04 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I drop all my fungis in the tunnel directly in front of Druids. Makes it look like grubs. Hidden in plain sight.

Jk. Too scurred

Also no fungus

Poverty

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pixels.
totally fair answer. just not for everyone.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been dropping bags like crazy for my new alt. Just find a nice empty room in Freeport or any other city. Make sure to park both characters there. Drop the bag at 10 seconds to camp and logon to your other character as fast as you possibly can. It's kind of a thrill to see the bag still there when you login!
everyone has their favorite "secret" spots to do ground transfers...

i think there is an issue on live of npcs picking up bags thats doesn't happen here.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a guy on red made a ui that allows you to use the shared bank, i havent seen anyone banned for it so you might as well ask him if you can get a copy

names dullah on forums
The shared bank requires server code to function correctly, you can't just make a UI that has it. You might be able to spoof the two extra bank slots, but it won't function as an actual shared bank. In fact, in the stock EQEmu code the shared bank doesn't even function and is the basis of a few dupe exploits.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I drop all my fungis in the tunnel directly in front of Druids. Makes it look like grubs. Hidden in plain sight.

Jk. Too scurred

Also no fungus

Poverty
Shoulda been playing when they were going for 35k. Dag. I still paid 60k.. market crashed after I bought mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

60, to 50, to 42, to 35.. bottomed at 35. Then the server population exploded a few months later for whatever reason. 100+ now.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The shared bank requires server code to function correctly, you can't just make a UI that has it. You might be able to spoof the two extra bank slots, but it won't function as an actual shared bank. In fact, in the stock EQEmu code the shared bank doesn't even function and is the basis of a few dupe exploits.
Shared bank works fine on all emu servers ive ever been on.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shared bank works fine on all emu servers ive ever been on.
It didn't as of a year or two ago. Maybe you were playing on a server that has specifically fixed it, or maybe it's been fixed in recent updates.