Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Large Rat

Unhappy Newbie, unable to get custom UI's to work - at all.

I am a bit new to the P99 experience so I am sure i am missing some FYI somewhere, so any help appreciated.

I am having zero success in loading any of the custom UI's from the eqinterface site. They simple do not work and I get the type of error seen below:

Code:
[Sat Dec 17 13:57:21 2016] Warning: file UIFiles\zewt_custom\Spells06.tga not found in directory UIFiles\zewt_custom\.  Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sat Dec 17 13:57:21 2016] Warning: file UIFiles\zewt_custom\Spells07.tga not found in directory UIFiles\zewt_custom\.  Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sat Dec 17 13:57:21 2016] Warning: file UIFiles\zewt_custom\ not found in directory UIFiles\zewt_custom\.  Attempting to use file from Default skin.
I am pretty sure I have done everything correctly via the install FAQs, but nothing seems to work.

Are these EQinterfaces for the DBgames version only?

What am I missing here?
Last edited by zewtastic; 12-17-2016 at 06:05 PM..
Old 12-17-2016, 06:16 PM
Large Rat

Default cont

I have P99 installed into a custom directory under c:, C:\EQ_P99.

so the uifiles is

C:\EQ_P99\uifiles\
Old 12-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to kingsBlend

Yeah this looks like he has a incompatible UI, or the one you are using is not complete for this project. Only old versions for certain UI's work here. Try searching this board for 'vert'. Works great.

Edit: This is a good thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...highlight=vert

As well as, http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...highlight=vert
Last edited by kingsBlend; 12-17-2016 at 06:29 PM..
Old 12-17-2016, 06:33 PM
Large Rat

Default cont.

Guess I am unclear on the "vert".

Does this mean I am unable to use EQinterfaces custom UIs on P99?

I do see in my uifiles folder that I have a "default" and "default_old". What does that mean?
Old 12-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zewtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do see in my uifiles folder that I have a "default" and "default_old". What does that mean?
Pretty much what it says - one is the current default UI for the Titanium client, the other is the old default UI for the Titanium client. Are you attempting to load your custom UI in game using the /loadskin command?

I wouldn't think any user interface would be completely incompatible with Project 1999 to the extent that it won't even load - an incompatible UI should at least load, it will just be messed up and have a bunch of extra components that serve no purpose on P99. It's possible P99 does something to completely prevent certain types of UIs I suppose - I'm not 100% sure.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Large Rat

Default Thanks.

Well thanks for the replies.

I was hopeful I could use some of the custom UI files from EQinterface but this seems to be impossible as no other ui folder can be loaded/used.

I have read about replacing the default Ui directory but nothing seems to allow a load UI.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zewtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hopeful I could use some of the custom UI files from EQinterface but this seems to be impossible as no other ui folder can be loaded/used.

I have read about replacing the default Ui directory but nothing seems to allow a load UI.
Yeah, that's not correct - something else is the issue here. I use tons of different UI folders on P99 which I switch between by simply using the /loadskin command. Again, are you attempting to load your custom UI by using the /loadskin command in game?
Old 12-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Definitely don't replace your default directory. That's the fallback if your UI load fails and if the default has an error it will make your game crash as soon as you login.

Which specific new windows are you trying to use in this custom folder? If you are getting the pieces from the EQInterface website they are likely written for features that do not exist in the titanium client or are disabled on P99. Some of them may also be dependent on files with different code but the same file name (EQUI_animations.xml is a common culprit in clashes between custom UI pieces).

Spells06.tga and Spells07.tga are 2 of the files for buff/spellbook icons. If you're trying to use a custom spellbook, buff window, song window, casting window, target window or pet window, any of those could be calling on these 2 files. To resolve those error lines, try copying and pasting those 2 files from your default folder into the new custom UI folder.

The 3rd line is where your fatal error is occuring though, not sure if c/p of those 2 files will resolve the 3rd but it should at least narrow it down.

Disclaimer: not a UI/xml expert but i've tinkered with custom UIs since they were introduced on live. Any success i've had with them comes from hours upon hours of frustrating trial and error... and crashes.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Large Rat

Default Thanks

Thanks again for all the replies and help.

I would never delete the default, I would just change the folder name for testing.

I suspect i may have the wrong files in default though as per paulgiamatti's prompt to look for other posted UI configs.

I am testing out some of them currently with success so far.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

My sig has the default Titanium files, as well as the updated default files to make default work on P99.