Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"New Lodizal rules verified and compiled by me:
Start of window everyone /random 1000. Winner gets to engage Lodizal. Only someone needing the map piece can random otherwise you'll just have people bringing their whole guild to roll for one person. It would be nice if people who didn't win also helped out. If you clickfest this you will be petitioned good luck everyone."
Can you sell your roll?

And can we get two threads about this in server chat? One with a poll?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Look everyone. Actual cancer has shown up in the thread.
Nice one! Blood Guard really knocking those big targets out aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to have more than 5 people on a server to have these things happen.
Touche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfetti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lower tier raid scene is so toxic :O
The raid scene period does tbh..
Old 10-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1: We never pretended to be camping the gnoll. We openly admitted that we engaged the gnoll at spawn because it was the only legal move we had to try and get a chance at Lodi. This was the first thing said to Sirken from BG.

3: Called out in OOC that Charming an engaged mob is considered KS, you did not respond.
Here is logs from my wife's PC with a guy who seems to be saying that he's really interested in killing Grizlin, her responses to him, and my objection in ooc. Nowhere in this exchange did anyone say, "we're really just cockblocking this mob from you, deal with it."

Code:
[Sun Oct 08] AGGuy says out of character, 'what's this now?'
[Sun Oct 08] Grizlin Bloodfang tells you, 'Attacking Lodizal Master.'
[Sun Oct 08] AGGuy says out of character, 'some interfering/>'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude1 says out of character, 'KS'n also'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude1 says out of character, 'tsk tsk'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'i killing that need it '
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'i woz killing Grizlin Bloodfang'
[Sun Oct 08] You say, 'you can get him afterwards'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'U KS my MOB>>'
[Sun Oct 08] You say, 'it's not dead'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude1 says out of character, 'enjoy it while it lasts, can't charm an engaged mob. It's a KS'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2  says, 'U KS my MOB>> Grizlin Bloodfang i woz killing '
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'KS is KS >'
Quote:
I was left with only one recourse without risking our group getting a ban by interfering and that was to petition.
Recourse #2: Back the fuck off, get a timer, try again.

Quote:
(You had not killed the gnoll before, therefore it was an open camp as far as camp rules are concerned)
Not true.
Logs from my FTE listener:
[Sun Oct 08] Lodizal engages Grizlin Bloodfang!
[Sun Oct 08] Lodizal tells you, 'You got next bruh. GL and thx!'

Quote:
2: We engaged the gnoll first, I have the logs of the encounter and of our conversation with Sirken as proof. It doesn't matter that we weren't there for the gnoll. We made a strategic decision based on what was available. You acknowledged to Sirken that you aren't allowed to charm an engaged mob.
Yes, it's probably true that you were able to engage the mob first when it spawned, but my wife was there waiting for it to spawn, just inside Tash range, wondering what the hell you guys were doing. Grizlin Bloodfang is not an FTE mob. If you wanted the next spawn, maybe call a camp check? We were in the zone, looking forward to his respawn when you arrived.

I would always agree when someone says that it's not OK to charm a mob that is obviously engaged, this is common knowledge. That wasn't really the case here. Enchanter was far enough away that melee animations are not drawn on the client. She thought you guys were maybe going to charm the mob for yourselves. If you had done that, she'd have asked me what to do next and I'd have told her to just charm something else. But instead you guys just acted like you wanted to kill him for loot or exp... which you would have been welcome to only a few minutes later when we were finished with him.

Quote:
(You also gave 2 separate reasons at 2 separate times during our conversation with Sirken as to why you were stalling)
I never admitted I was stalling. At no time during the encounter was I just running around because I could not do anything else. I landed slow right about the time you guys arrived and started whining. Shortly after that I let him close to melee range to torpor tank and stick some dots while waiting for the ENC to arrive with the pet.

AGGal says, 'we were only stalling because Lodizal had killed the gnolls. We were waiting for them to respawn'

This was an unfortunate choice of words on my wife's part. She's a bit of a noob. She should have just said that it was taking us longer than usual to get DPS rolling.

[xx:16:51 2017] Lodizal engages AGGuy!
[xx:20:12 2017] Lodizal yawns.
[xx:21:24 2017] BGDude1 says out of character, 'can't stall it buddy'
[xx:21:53 2017] Auto attack is on.

This is not too bad by current standards.

Quote:
4: You weren't even in zone during spawn because we had someone there camping SF at spawn. So don't pull the camp the mob card.
False. I had a character in zone, and an audio trigger to wake me up. Pretty sure I've got you beat clean on tracking effort here. Since I made it my mission to get a belt from Lodi, I've been all over his shit. No luck with drop table yet, and toxic shit like this keeps happening also.

Quote:
5: You got outlawyered.
FTFY. IIRC, we had the gnoll charmed and the turtle nearly dead when staff arrived and despawned it, to my great surprise. You guys were holding your dicks.

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel wronged
Calling bullshit on that.

Quote:
your shaman was seconds from death
Lol? Slowed Lodi is pretty easy to tank even with my ghetto gear. Just can't load up DoTs like I'd like to.

Quote:
Next time a call goes out in OOC in regards to something you have just done, try responding and a GM won't have to be involved. We could have worked something out possibly.
You mean you wished for me to respond to your claim on the Grizlin camp? I was supposed to engage with you in a conversation, while killing Lodizal, about an alleged KS on another mob that we had no intention of killing? If you recall from above, my wife did speak to the person who had gone after him and all he could do was say, "U KS MY MOB!". I guess what you really mean is that I should have submitted to your ransom demands. Fuck that.

Quote:
It's a shame it came to that instead of you just admitting that you were outplayed and giving kudos on what was a smart move. I would have, but of course when I go to Lodi on my enchanter I charm the gnoll before spawn/engage because it's just that easy for someone to throw your strategy right out the window.
Ah yes, I remember you being there. It was one of those times that BG got FTE and then fell on their fucking faces. Picture getting clearer...

Quote:
At the end of the day, it's a game. Don't get your feelings hurt over it. We felt that [staff] should have allowed you two a chance at Lodi without the gnoll and we would have accepted it if you two could have pulled it off. Hell, I would have applauded you both!
You really think Staff would have like, reset the mob and been like, ok you guys can try again, but you don't get to use the good gnoll... are you listening to yourself right now? We could have killed that mob with a snow cougar, but it would have been really boring for you to watch.... but at least you'd still have your dick in your hands.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:54 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is logs from my wife's PC with a guy who seems to be saying that he's really interested in killing Grizlin, her responses to him, and my objection in ooc. Nowhere in this exchange did anyone say, "we're really just cockblocking this mob from you, deal with it."

Code:
[Sun Oct 08] AGGuy says out of character, 'what's this now?'
[Sun Oct 08] Grizlin Bloodfang tells you, 'Attacking Lodizal Master.'
[Sun Oct 08] AGGuy says out of character, 'some interfering/>'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude1 says out of character, 'KS'n also'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude1 says out of character, 'tsk tsk'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'i killing that need it '
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'i woz killing Grizlin Bloodfang'
[Sun Oct 08] You say, 'you can get him afterwards'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'U KS my MOB>>'
[Sun Oct 08] You say, 'it's not dead'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude1 says out of character, 'enjoy it while it lasts, can't charm an engaged mob. It's a KS'
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2  says, 'U KS my MOB>> Grizlin Bloodfang i woz killing '
[Sun Oct 08] BGDude2 says, 'KS is KS >'

Recourse #2: Back the fuck off, get a timer, try again.

Not true.
Logs from my FTE listener:
[Sun Oct 08] Lodizal engages Grizlin Bloodfang!
[Sun Oct 08] Lodizal tells you, 'You got next bruh. GL and thx!'

Yes, it's probably true that you were able to engage the mob first when it spawned, but my wife was there waiting for it to spawn, just inside Tash range, wondering what the hell you guys were doing. Grizlin Bloodfang is not an FTE mob. If you wanted the next spawn, maybe call a camp check? We were in the zone, looking forward to his respawn when you arrived.

I would always agree when someone says that it's not OK to charm a mob that is obviously engaged, this is common knowledge. That wasn't really the case here. Enchanter was far enough away that melee animations are not drawn on the client. She thought you guys were maybe going to charm the mob for yourselves. If you had done that, she'd have asked me what to do next and I'd have told her to just charm something else. But instead you guys just acted like you wanted to kill him for loot or exp... which you would have been welcome to only a few minutes later when we were finished with him.

I never admitted I was stalling. At no time during the encounter was I just running around because I could not do anything else. I landed slow right about the time you guys arrived and started whining. Shortly after that I let him close to melee range to torpor tank and stick some dots while waiting for the ENC to arrive with the pet.

AGGal says, 'we were only stalling because Lodizal had killed the gnolls. We were waiting for them to respawn'

This was an unfortunate choice of words on my wife's part. She's a bit of a noob. She should have just said that it was taking us longer than usual to get DPS rolling.

[xx:16:51 2017] Lodizal engages AGGuy!
[xx:20:12 2017] Lodizal yawns.
[xx:21:24 2017] BGDude1 says out of character, 'can't stall it buddy'
[xx:21:53 2017] Auto attack is on.

This is not too bad by current standards.

False. I had a character in zone, and an audio trigger to wake me up. Pretty sure I've got you beat clean on tracking effort here. Since I made it my mission to get a belt from Lodi, I've been all over his shit. No luck with drop table yet, and toxic shit like this keeps happening also.

FTFY. IIRC, we had the gnoll charmed and the turtle nearly dead when staff arrived and despawned it, to my great surprise. You guys were holding your dicks.

Calling bullshit on that.

Lol? Slowed Lodi is pretty easy to tank even with my ghetto gear. Just can't load up DoTs like I'd like to.

You mean you wished for me to respond to your claim on the Grizlin camp? I was supposed to engage with you in a conversation, while killing Lodizal, about an alleged KS on another mob that we had no intention of killing? If you recall from above, my wife did speak to the person who had gone after him and all he could do was say, "U KS MY MOB!". I guess what you really mean is that I should have submitted to your ransom demands. Fuck that.

Ah yes, I remember you being there. It was one of those times that BG got FTE and then fell on their fucking faces. Picture getting clearer...

You really think Staff would have like, reset the mob and been like, ok you guys can try again, but you don't get to use the good gnoll... are you listening to yourself right now? We could have killed that mob with a snow cougar, but it would have been really boring for you to watch.... but at least you'd still have your dick in your hands.
Then I guess you should have used a snow cougar?

I'm not even going to continue attempting to discuss this if all you can do is reply like you're a 5 year old. You got outplayed mate and then decided to risk it anyway. Move on with your life already.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Then I guess you should have used a snow cougar?

I'm not even going to continue attempting to discuss this if all you can do is reply like you're a 5 year old. You got outplayed mate and then decided to risk it anyway. Move on with your life already.
Sound salty that buddy actually has a pretty good argument. post logs.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm not even going to continue attempting to discuss this if all you can do is reply like you're a 5 year old.
U KS MY MOB .... lol.

I'm gonna go ahead and put this one in the "Win" column.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:26 AM
Orc

Actually i do apologize for the 5 year old comment. Seriously though, don't let a game control you so much people. The rest however I stand behind. We made a legitimate tactical move to take away your advantage on a highly contested mob. It's called competition. As I stated, I would have been impressed if someone had done it to me. Pissed? Sure, but impressed but I wouldn't be on RnF throwing a fit.

I am however not unblocking OP and logging out of this cesspool in RnF. Peace Out.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:42 AM
Banned

^ Blood Guard is trash. To get any loot they have to actively zerg and play dirty against a few people at Lodizal.

LOL.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

Dont know if I can ever invite Blood Guard into my groups after this incident.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

That's some pussy shit by BG. Even funnier when they say "it's just a game" yet they resort to scumbag tactics over fucking lodizal. I'm not surprised though, isn't blood guard just a bunch of rejects merged together?
Closed Thread