Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should both servers be wiped every 993days?
No - I prefer I completely unclassic 10 year time line to gear out my 99 alts 440 52.38%
Yes - I would play on a classic Everquest 993d lifespan server including end of timeline wipe 400 47.62%
Voters: 840. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 02:03 PM
Kobold

I didn't think there would be so many people desperately clinging to their pixels rather than the fun of a fresh EQ server.

Sad tbh
Old 07-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

I want team PVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't think there would be so many people desperately clinging to their pixels rather than the fun of a fresh EQ server.

Sad tbh
Old 07-22-2018, 09:43 PM
Aviak

I don't know about the server being wiped but the experience now vs. back in 2009 is not the same.

Initial server release was a completely different experience. I think anyone hoping to relive what that was like wouldn't really get it now in the current environment.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want team PVP!
Would love this ruleset
Old 07-22-2018, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about the server being wiped but the experience now vs. back in 2009 is not the same.

Initial server release was a completely different experience. I think anyone hoping to relive what that was like wouldn't really get it now in the current environment.
This is true, the manastone obsessed frenzy alone would taint a new standard server.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Server won't ever be truly classic just by merit of the knowledge and experience everyone has walking into it.

When I played EQ 20 years ago I didn't even know what an MMO was, I played for like 2+ years and had one character get passed level 40.

Today everyone is well aware of where to grind how to grind what items to farm etc.

So, no, even a wiped server over a fixed span isn't classic either
Old 07-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Today everyone is well aware of where to grind how to grind what items to farm etc.

So, no, even a wiped server over a fixed span isn't classic either
This is why I am looking forward to Pantheon.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sad tbh
We don't have all of eternity to play this game, unlike you. Mere mortals have to cling to what they have in what little time they're allowed.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

when was original progression server released for live? p99 gotta be reaching near that age now.

lots of people who haven't touched p99 in years would hop on again to relive new life of elf in a fresh norrath. i'd happily relinquish the life ive made for myself the past while for the chance to be the first to slay a crushbone centurion. release green99 please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]