Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 AM
Aviak

My main questions would be:

a) Why isn't your brother leveling the bard?
b) Why are you leveling your brothers bard?
Old 06-22-2018, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Hp/Resist gear and instruments should prime over all else
Old 06-22-2018, 06:06 AM
Fire Giant

Are you doing this for the sole reason of trying it at level 39? I recall your post regarding the H/F Cycle, but did not really understand what you were getting at. I mean, sure, you can make some platty-plat, but to what end?

The swamp can be an isolated existence. The horizon is nigh a riffle of wind-blown saw palmetto, stirring as if not to give a damn in a Baton Rouge Crawfish Boiawl.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My main questions would be:

a) Why isn't your brother leveling the bard?
b) Why are you leveling your brothers bard?

He doesn't play 99 but could be enticed to join me on duoing the forager camp now and then because we had fun doing that on live years after it was relevant.

It's partly for plat and partly because I want one mask for the bard and one bp for the warrior (maybe a body for the bard but. probably not.

I hate exping, so all the level to 60 first posts are missing the point, wouldn't benefit as much from the items anyway when already high level.

Highest bard will go is 52 because I want a dragon alt and I don't see me levelling a 3rd char to 52+ ever.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you doing this for the sole reason of trying it at level 39? I recall your post regarding the H/F Cycle, but did not really understand what you were getting at. I mean, sure, you can make some platty-plat, but to what end?
A shit load of money and mildly fun way of doing it. Two items that would then be fun to use levelling the rest of the way, I don't see the point getting sick gear after 60, at that point you are only logging on to help your guild and stuff and maybe get your epic, which is a one time thing.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Dot it, snare it, haste ur brother...profit. It's so simple. You could do this just instruments, and ur bro beating the hell out of it.
Last edited by Halfelfbard; 06-24-2018 at 09:57 AM..
Old 06-24-2018, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you may or may not remember, I made a post a while back about levelling a bard to match my 56/57 warrior to duo forager cycle with my brother.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296925

Heated debate ensued about wether that combo was possible, what level, and how to physically do it.

I think the only way it will be possible is to charm spam the nameds and have the warrior run inteference if shit goes down. Level 39 at absolute minimum, may go to 40-46-52 depending on how owned we get.
Level up to low/mid 50s, you're going to spend more time on CR, zoning adds and generally wasting time than farming it at 39.

Quote:
With this goal specifically in mind, what gear should I be after, there's obviously bard gearing guides, but I'm talking specifically about this camp.
Specifically hunter/forager? Silken cat-fur girdles, ceremonial iksar chestplates and iksar hide masks. All three can be 'bard gear' and sell for the plat that we all crave.

Quote:
I tried to camp that goblin invis animal ring and the camp made me want to kill myself.... How important/usefull would that be outside of easier kills for exp? (Becuase we'd be after loot) What about that Tishans orb thing, is it really that good?
Get your brother to make a pet class (enchanter/mage/necro) and PL it with your bard until 29. Use that to farm Gazughi rings. I say 29 so you can kill wandering soothsayers easily. Farming it as a meleer is taking an already grueling camp and turning it into self flagellation. Gazughi ring is only important if you plan on charm kiting a bunch. If not its just a soulless plat camp for low levels. Once you can kill felwithe guards/giants you're better off doing those than gobo rings (camped over a dozen rings).

Orb of Tishan isn't 'really that good' here because it doesn't stack with an Enchanter's tash like it did during classic on Live. They might have fixed this since Velious but I doubt it. Sadly a lot of the fun tricks of being a bard don't work on this server.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-24-2018 at 02:11 PM..
Old 06-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Levels are the only thing that matters, gear-wise you just need resist jewelry. Anything outside of that isn't going to contribute much to the dangerous part of this, which is getting rooted or nuked down. Pre-50, you're never going to live through a wizard mob cast. Most new level 60s without gear cannot live through two ice comets. Wizard, shaman, and druid mobs are the worst things ever.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Levels are the only thing that matters, gear-wise you just need resist jewelry. Anything outside of that isn't going to contribute much to the dangerous part of this, which is getting rooted or nuked down. Pre-50, you're never going to live through a wizard mob cast. Most new level 60s without gear cannot live through two ice comets. Wizard, shaman, and druid mobs are the worst things ever.
Damn so you think even a 52 bard and 57 warrior would STILL get owned by the wizard?

That's a damn shame, I hoped to throw charmed mobs at it over and over again, keeping out of range of spells till it dies, warrior just there to jump in if shit goes bad, but I guess we were "twinked" by having "shit" gear from later expansions.... Perhaps it'll be harder than I imagine....
Old 06-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfelfbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dot it, snare it, haste ur brother...profit. It's so simple. You could do this just instruments, and ur bro beating the hell out of it.
You don't think it'd blast us to death with ice comet? Everyone else is doom saying about that.
Closed Thread