Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Necromancer grouping experience. Charming is a bloody snorefest in comparison.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question wasn’t about being surprised by a class, it was about what class surprisingly brought you enjoyment. Not much surprised me about the warrior, other than just how beefy I feel. Never felt more safe on a toon than I do on my warrior.
You said there was more to the warrior than met the eye. I'm astonished. There's so little to it. I'm asking what you felt there was beyond surface level of being a tank with auto attack and kick.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said there was more to the warrior than met the eye. I'm astonished. There's so little to it. I'm asking what you felt there was beyond surface level of being a tank with auto attack and kick.
Don't forget taunt, bro

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Sitting, taunting, root nets, etc. Also, I don't know how much validity there is to it, but I've been told that turning on/off auto-attack between swings increases chance at getting a weapon proc. Haven't done any numbers to check whether or not that's the case, but it does seem to happen and enough to where I'll do it out of desperation.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leading a group is also the warriors job.
I agree with this. It's a big deal, too. All the other shit people just talked about is really small peanuts. But being able to form and lead groups made my leveling experience remarkable.

Glad we had this chat!
Old 02-27-2018, 03:09 PM
Aviak

shitting on people with double wurmys on red was great, warrior best class
Old 02-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Yet to see cleric make the list. Everyone wants one, they just don't want to play 'em. I enjoy it, and not caring about death or doing silly things to kill myself on purpose. It's also nice being able to paci / atone my way around zones. Was running around a while back and I agro'd something in (want to say MM) and I memblurred it with atone and this dude flipped out that clerics could do that.

-Mcoy
Old 02-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet to see cleric make the list. Everyone wants one, they just don't want to play 'em
I'll second this. I made a cleric at one point for no other reason than to have a pocket rez stick. Ended up being a ton of fun. I didn't have much time to level him up at one point so I let a friend pretty much have him and he got him to level 58. I ended up doing 58-60 in Sebilis and I loved it. Trying to interrupt as many Froglok spells as possible with my lvl 5 stun became an obsession.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet to see cleric make the list. Everyone wants one, they just don't want to play 'em. I enjoy it, and not caring about death or doing silly things to kill myself on purpose. It's also nice being able to paci / atone my way around zones. Was running around a while back and I agro'd something in (want to say MM) and I memblurred it with atone and this dude flipped out that clerics could do that.

-Mcoy
I say cleric. Back in 2000 a RL friend got me into EQ. I was going to make a Paladin but he talked me into a making a Druid instead. This was mostly because he played a Shadow Knight and the SK/Druid made a great EXP grinding duo. So I grinded out levels until I reached 48 or so. By then he wasn't playing as much and I was getting tired of always playing a healer in a pickup group because my heals were woefully inadequate for DL or KC where I had been grouping / soloing. So I decided if I was always going to be a darn healer anyway then I might as well do it right.

So I started a Cleric and began grinding from level 1. Eventually I switched my Cleric to a second account so I could two box my Druid and Cleric and give each other rezes and ports. I found that I really preferred playing my Cleric more than the druid. I leveled them both to 60+ but it was the Cleric I preferred playing and I only raided with the Cleric.

So here I started out wanting to be a Paladin bashing stuff with a sword, was talked into a Druid for it's porting, soloing and quad kiting abilities but learned that a Cleric is who I enjoyed playing the most.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Closed Thread