Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:41 AM
Skeleton

Default Irish Ranger Rebooted!

Hey ho peeps!

I joined P99 nearly two years ago (I think not long after Velious came out here) and started playing the class I always wanted to play when I found out the xp penalty had been removed: The Ranger!

Sadly the last time I did this I managed to solo entirely into the 40's in just two weeks with the panic animal line before dying while AFK running through Iceclad Ocean. The only info I had on where my body was, was the fact that I had drowned... I spent days searching for the corpse and in retrospect I should have probably posted for help before my corpse rotted but alas, after my third TLP running a Euro guild I'm back to start fresh. TLP is actually quite fun but a complete joke, if my friends and I ran several #1 Euro guilds on TLP's but I lose my corpse on P99, that speaks volumes.

With new vigor and positivity I'm gonna push for 60 on a Ranger again here, it's not so bad once you hit 22! I don't often play peak times here on P99, more Oceanic/Euro (Hopefully there is a couple of guilds to choose from) but I'm all for grouping and chatting in-game if you see me under 'Nymei'.

Thanks for reading my sad tale, I'm away back to grind some!

Katiyana - 23 Shaman
Old 01-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Orc

You can still petition to get your corpse back.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Kobold

Check out Europa. For larger guilds, most have at least some active players during GMT afternoons either through European population or Americans with atypical work schedules. When you’re online, check to see which guilds have large numbers at the same time. Do a “/ all ____” and substitute in various guilds such as Blood Guard (mine), Aftermath, Azure Guard, Tempest, Kittens and so on.

Note that some guilds containing more than one word may require quotations around the name (e.g. ‘/ all “Blood Guard”’)
Tooround Tofit - 60 Ogre Warrior
Flyhalf - 58 Halfling Cleric
Eamonn - 55 Half Elf Bard
Blood Guard
Old 01-23-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Greetings, Ranger! If you need any help and you see me online, let me know!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Skeleton

The GMs can recover corpses that decayed 1.5 years ago?

Is it a simple /petition in-game?

Thanks for a heads up on the guilds. I actually work at the crack of dawn in GMT so my perfect raid time would be Asian timezones but I could probably make some euro evenings work too.

Katiyana - 23 Shaman
Old 01-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GMs can recover corpses that decayed 1.5 years ago?

Is it a simple /petition in-game?
Yes.

Code:
/petition please summon my corpse
When you see that your character was teleported to EC (visible from character select) you will know it’s been summoned.

No idea why you would think your corpse was lost forever, even live guides did this.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Skeleton

I always assumed it was just part of the unforgiving nature of the game. I feel so silly now knowing this...

I think I only had like 1-2k worth of gear but that is much better than starting naked.

Katiyana - 23 Shaman
Old 01-24-2019, 02:52 PM
Skeleton

Thanks for the info guys, got my corpse back, gonna reroll anyway but at least I have a set of newbie gear to help me out.

Thanks again and i'll cya all in game!

Katiyana - 23 Shaman
Old 01-24-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea why you would think your corpse was lost forever, even live guides did this.
Varied by server. I suspect initially corpse decay was intended as an anti inflationary mechanic. However, as expansions rolled out and gear became more powerful and harder to acquire, this idea was dropped completely, culminating in Shadowrest, where long term corpse recovery was implemented into the general mechanics of the game.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info guys, got my corpse back, gonna reroll anyway but at least I have a set of newbie gear to help me out.

Thanks again and i'll cya all in game!
This is awesome dude.. Over a year later, and you got your corpse back haha, super hyped for you!
Closed Thread