Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

I side with Fragmented here. Also that was hardly a childish outburst, he was just clear and forceful with his intentions.

OP arrives to a camp to find the mob dead. He does not contact the individual who cleared the camp and instead waits for respawn then kills it. Then is upset that the individual told him to stop.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I side with Fragmented here. Also that was hardly a childish outburst, he was just clear and forceful with his intentions.

OP arrives to a camp to find the mob dead. He does not contact the individual who cleared the camp and instead waits for respawn then kills it. Then is upset that the individual told him to stop.
I mean, you're objectively wrong by established rules surrounding how camps work. And I hardly see how it is my responsibility to track down whomever killed a mob at a vacant camp. And is the subsequent KS of two giants before retreating to his two camp something you side with as well?
Old 08-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, you're objectively wrong by established rules surrounding how camps work. And I hardly see how it is my responsibility to track down whomever killed a mob at a vacant camp. And is the subsequent KS of two giants before retreating to his two camp something you side with as well?
Damn you are pretty pissed off about losing this camp, yea?
Old 08-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Aviak

OP, you're an absolute child for not communicating with Fragmented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

This server is a community. Yes, there are rules for establishing and holding camps. However it's expected that adults play this game and will communicate with each other to facilitate in a positive way. Fragmented is completely justified in his "wtf" (excessive reaction and he's in the wrong for that, no doubt). You are in the wrong for just showing up and just taking a spawn that was down, it's a scummy move and this whole thing could have been avoided had you not pulled this scummy move. Please grow up and use language to communicate with people.

Wait, let me try this, it might resonate better:

If you use your words, Santa will bring you a new toy for Christmas!
Old 08-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are an asshole for not communicating with him before taking the camp. Talk people, it goes a long way.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, you're objectively wrong by established rules surrounding how camps work. And I hardly see how it is my responsibility to track down whomever killed a mob at a vacant camp.
That's just it though - if he was managing to keep the giant down and was on the other two which aren't very far away the camp wasn't vacant. As much as the consensus seems to be that they're two separate camps, they're also not far from each other at all. I am aware the rules say that one person cannot hold multiple camps, but with this new information about you arriving to find the giant down and waiting for it to spawn... I support the side of the original camper in as far as they weren't acting in a childish manner.

Seems that you both could've communicated better and come to a reasonable agreement.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
"You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it."

You're in the wrong. You went in and stole the camp that you knew was taken without allowing the person holding the camp the chance to either keep or concede it. It's the rule. You broke it. Now you're here making yourself look stupid because you can't understand basic principles.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

How long did you wait before the mob popped before you killed it? If the mob was dead when you showed up and you killed it as soon as it popped without even giving the person a chance to take down what they clearly were camping, you're in the wrong.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, you're an absolute child for not communicating with Fragmented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

This server is a community. Yes, there are rules for establishing and holding camps. However it's expected that adults play this game and will communicate with each other to facilitate in a positive way. Fragmented is completely justified in his "wtf" (excessive reaction and he's in the wrong for that, no doubt). You are in the wrong for just showing up and just taking a spawn that was down, it's a scummy move and this whole thing could have been avoided had you not pulled this scummy move. Please grow up and use language to communicate with people.

Wait, let me try this, it might resonate better:

If you use your words, Santa will bring you a new toy for Christmas!
Truth. Just because the rules back you up, doesn't mean it justifies the lack of communication.
Typical case of hiding behind a rule set to mask your own childish behaviour.

I kiss you.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

As others have said, this is a case of bad communication. While it's true that you can contest the camp since it would be considered two separate camps (depending on guide and how they feel that day), you have to communicate that you're contesting and give the original camper the option of which to take. Obviously he would take the camp of 2, but you can't just roll up on a cleared spawn and steal it as soon as it pops.
Closed Thread