Chardok is a good place to ply your crafts as a tank making your way to 60
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Aviak

From 57-60, I did velks entrance solo/duo. I sprinkled in some WL geonids with my shaman buddies also.

Seb is a great place if you want to group. It's always packed, so you may have to wait a bit.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Velks is sure fun! Not fastest, but sometimes you can amass enough groupers to proceed to a named camp, assuming it's not all already locked down by soloing 60 enchanters, necromancers, shamans or Druids.

Edit: as an sk buddy up with a bard. Pull his 25 mobs for him to AOE. Land your 'word' AOE as often as it refreshes while cycling through mobs with your reaver. 100 dmg might not seem much but you'll do about 20k damage per pull on top of your melee dps.

Add in a cleric (some times Rez or patch has to happen, plus even stronger 'word AOEs'). Enchanter buffs can generally be sought through polite requests to soloer... Enchanters often end up a couple of corpses deep or gating to zone in here.
Last edited by Jimjam; 08-20-2019 at 02:00 AM..
Old 08-21-2019, 03:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hole bottom or rat maze would be one of the most obvious places
Great suggestion, thanks! How bad is it with adds down there though? Especially if I am mainly fear kiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Geo/Tar Goo cave in WL.

Exp grinds to a halt for most classes after 54 so that's not gonna be any different no matter where you go.
That's actually where I have been trying to solo so far, the plat is solid but the xp is terrible. And this is with basically 0 down time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The jacker and that other SK in neriak will take ya to 60 fast respawn good zem, really you should stay at dyrna in hhk til 57
I didn't realize dyrna was doable til 57, thanks for that tip. I have heard Neriak is good, however I am a dark elf and worried about trashing my faction there (even though I never actually go to that city). Should faction be a concern for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lower Guk between Magi and Ghoul Lord was pretty solid for my paladin solo to 58. I assume an SK could also do really well there.
Never though of Guk, will have to give this a try, ty for the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Get seb groups or other cash camp groups and ignore your xp bar because it will move slowly.

Knight solo is slow going. Low dps. Some tout sk ability to fear kite but after soloing on a paladin I’d wager paladins are much more efficient. Clicky helmet heal and cheap cast root are super mana efficient compared to keeping mobs snared/feared and only being able to tap heal in combat. I haven’t leveled a SK yet but I’d try to find a place you CAN solo while having the potential to pick up a duo partner or land a small group. I did KC basement/turnkey 56-60 on my pal while broadcasting lfg to seb and/or looking for a sham/nec to duo with.
Well what's nice about SKs is we have clicky snare and clicky fear (BE arms / gloves). They aren't ideal since the snare is a lower level version and the fear is a longer cast time, but they definitely get the job done when mana is an issue. Also, the SK epic procs a nice lifetap and the shroud of death spell adds a 50 point lifetap proc.

Zones where I can solo and also LFG are definitely ideal, but I've done so much KC that I'd like to try some different options, if possible. Not sure where else an SK can solo while lfg and have a reasonable chance of finding a group.

Lotta great ideas overall though, thanks everyone and keep them coming!
Old 08-21-2019, 03:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From 57-60, I did velks entrance solo/duo. I sprinkled in some WL geonids with my shaman buddies also.

Seb is a great place if you want to group. It's always packed, so you may have to wait a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velks is sure fun! Not fastest, but sometimes you can amass enough groupers to proceed to a named camp, assuming it's not all already locked down by soloing 60 enchanters, necromancers, shamans or Druids.

Edit: as an sk buddy up with a bard. Pull his 25 mobs for him to AOE. Land your 'word' AOE as often as it refreshes while cycling through mobs with your reaver. 100 dmg might not seem much but you'll do about 20k damage per pull on top of your melee dps.

Add in a cleric (some times Rez or patch has to happen, plus even stronger 'word AOEs'). Enchanter buffs can generally be sought through polite requests to soloer... Enchanters often end up a couple of corpses deep or gating to zone in here.
No bard friends unfortunately, is velks decent to solo otherwise? When I tried to solo there on my monk I found the mobs hit much harder and died slower than in other higher level xp zones. I never got good xp there but maybe I was in the wrong area or after the wrong mobs (was mostly on the ground floor by the ent or a little up the ramp). The named camps always seemed to be taken as well so the plat wasn't very good either. People always seem to talk up velks though, is there something I am missing?
Old 08-21-2019, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as an sk buddy up with a bard. Pull his 25 mobs for him to AOE. Land your 'word' AOE as often as it refreshes while cycling through mobs with your reaver. 100 dmg might not seem much but you'll do about 20k damage per pull on top of your melee dps.
SHD/BRD is a fairly effective combo, and this is one of the ways it works. The Bard stops having to worry about stragglers (SHD will get them) and FD allows the SHD to control who has aggro.

Don't use a pet, though. The bash will split the grouping. Then you have to Fear-Kite that straggler.

(If you fight mobs immune to bash-stun, this works better. On live, my bard friend and I would go to Plane of Nightmare, run through the Mephit Caves, FD / memblur, and then spend hours kiting the Nightmares.)
Closed Thread