Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats the largest AM got to with zone pull meta?

Riots is 144
I'm not gonna comb through every entry, but I found a 154 entry from shortly before the rooted dragons were implemented.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...he said that Riots number are smaller than AM's during the zone in pull meta. I literally just asked what the biggest Riot's numbers were to compare.
ahh my bad, misunderstood.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuff about kelz
Really Miss That guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2019, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really Miss That guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s ok he hasn’t been on since Mexico upped border patrol, can’t make it back in US
Old 08-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like rooted dragons for a few reasons but the idea that AM members don't like it because it allows the bigger zerg to win is laughable, in an era that didnt require a zerg Aftermath inflated themselves to the point where they were the largest guild in P99 history, even Riot hasn't reached the numbers that AM achieved in the zone pull meta.
Catch-22 friend.

If we had a high barrier of entry during the zone pull era, we would have been elitist dick heads who want to hoard all the loot to our core. But we had a pretty relaxed recruitment method. In the past, we had a mage who had started playing EverQuest a month prior doing Vulak coth. We could have closed recruitment for a year, and just fed our alts forever. Aftermath became a zerg because people wanted to join our guild, and we let them. Even though we didn't need a zerg. Just like on the other side, 20-25 people did all the heavy lifting. I mean, I guess it was nice to have a shit load of people incase you needed to kill an AoW at 4am. We weren't really actively recruiting though. It's not like Cheanna was out there sending tells to random players trying to get them to join so that we could have all the raiders on the server.

If Aftermath was such a big and bad evil zerg, why didn't tempest/awakened merge with AG/Paradigm Shift/Every single person who wants to raid on the server before the dragons were rooted? It's because those other guilds would have never joined up with tempest/awakened. They wanted to try and do it themselves. And then they rooted the dragons, which made it literally impossible to do so.

The most bored I've ever been raiding on this server was when Awakened was suspended for like 2 months. I've always wanted a competitive raid scene.

My point is, trying to zerg shame a guild that didn't need to be a zerg is kind of pointless. It wasn't the 110 people that showed up on the kill log that won us mobs, it was the 20 people that were online before that. The fact that you have to bring 110 just to be dealt a hand is, in my opinion, bad.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Why aren't all of you idiots like 2 Chainz and able to actually speak like a normal person
Old 08-21-2019, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why aren't all of you idiots like 2 Chainz and able to actually speak like a normal person
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 08-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing to see through.

The Aftermath road block is moved
Puh-lease! Everyone sees through this crap. If you guys were still on top this deal would not be out there.

Your guilds shitty attitude towards casuals over the years created Riot. Your guilds leaders are getting just what they deserve.

The peasants rose up and overthrew the king. The peasants rejoice! Now the old king wants to make the peasants look like bad guys. LOLOLOLOL
Old 08-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Its weird you call Riot peasants, i understand riot came from multiple guilds but to call Core, Awakened/Tempest and Paradigm shift peasants is wrong.

Diamondfist, Baylan, Franswa, Toggin just so name a few weren't peasants.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:17 PM
Kobold

I forgot to add AG members are far from peasants aswell
Closed Thread