Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Banned

Listening to podcasts is not research
Old 08-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Reading up on Hume, Locke, Marx, Socrates, Confucius, Bible, Koran, Might is Right are as a few examples.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reading up on Hume, Locke, Marx, Socrates, Confucius, Bible, Koran, Might is Right are as a few examples.
Cool man I like Taytay
Old 08-22-2019, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, good luck with that and Horza.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Can you provide an actual source?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's not respected among his academic peers. He has zero influence in philosophy. His only fame comes from pandering to degenerate young males.

Standard conservative grifter
Well, he reveres Carl Jung and speaks to that area of psychology, which does not exclude philosophy, mythology, or religious teachings. If you take issue with most anything Peterson puts forth, you won't like what Jung had to say on the matter, particularly towards the end of his life. Peterson's fame comes from YouTube, but so what? All kinds of educational content is on there, from Brandon Sanderson teaching lit college courses to Simon Schama talking about the tumultuous lives of painters throughout history.

Also, most if not all young males are degenerates by nature, whether they're conscious of it or not. Young males today just have greater and easier access to explore those tendencies than before. Dial-up internet did not allow for the best uninterrupted smut experience; if you bypassed parental controls using Napster or Kazaa, it took hours to download and the titles/descriptions often didn't match the content. Degenerate? Yes, but back then it required creative problem solving skills and patience. Undeniably good character traits.

That's been a talking point of Peterson's--how we operate based on unconscious drives and expectations within our cultures, often becoming dysfunctional through some conflict of the two, then later perhaps reaching a state of maturity beyond our parents and their parents, recognizing one family's small part in this longstanding, bleak, and largely unfair human endeavor. That isn't pandering at all. That was the shit Hubert Selby wrote about, and what Orwell wrote about in Down and Out in Paris and London.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, he reveres Carl Jung and speaks to that area of psychology, which does not exclude philosophy, mythology, or religious teachings. If you take issue with most anything Peterson puts forth, you won't like what Jung had to say on the matter, particularly towards the end of his life. Peterson's fame comes from YouTube, but so what? All kinds of educational content is on there, from Brandon Sanderson teaching lit college courses to Simon Schama talking about the tumultuous lives of painters throughout history.

Also, most if not all young males are degenerates by nature, whether they're conscious of it or not. Young males today just have greater and easier access to explore those tendencies than before. Dial-up internet did not allow for the best uninterrupted smut experience; if you bypassed parental controls using Napster or Kazaa, it took hours to download and the titles/descriptions often didn't match the content. Degenerate? Yes, but back then it required creative problem solving skills and patience. Undeniably good character traits.

That's been a talking point of Peterson's--how we operate based on unconscious drives and expectations within our cultures, often becoming dysfunctional through some conflict of the two, then later perhaps reaching a state of maturity beyond our parents and their parents, recognizing one family's small part in this longstanding, bleak, and largely unfair human endeavor. That isn't pandering at all. That was the shit Hubert Selby wrote about, and what Orwell wrote about in Down and Out in Paris and London.
That's substantially different than asserting a natural hierarchy of the number 1 and calling yourself enlightened. I'm worried you're just name-dropping Jung for cred but I'm not versed enough to know.

Instead I'll do this: putting lipstick on the black pill is pandering, hun.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's substantially different than asserting a natural hierarchy of the number 1 and calling yourself enlightened. I'm worried you're just name-dropping Jung for cred but I'm not versed enough to know.

Instead I'll do this: putting lipstick on the black pill is pandering, hun.
If I were to write at length about Jung, it would be absurdly long and probably dull to most, and distract from the topic. But Jung did not go about psychology in the usual buttoned-down labcoat manner later in life. It became experimental and creative, even to the extent of documenting his own psychosis and unconscious experiences in The Red Book. The images alone are fascinating to look at. He seemed preoccupied with dreams and finding a connection between the symbolism within them and our perceptual reality.

https://youtu.be/ZVgMgMsMCww

But I just scratch the surface, only a little square of it. My postcount and join date are what my self-worth is hinged upon. Credibility is Jung's, dropping his name should do nothing to anyone else's unless they manage to offer new thoughtful commentary to his own about the human being. And to talk about Jung's views would take too long; I only referenced him here because Peterson does in lectures semi-frequently, which is relevant not to BallzDeep's argument or Incel's, but Peterson's as he has researched, written, and spoken extensively on the subject and they have not (nor have I for that matter, at least by comparison). There are of course interviews and audiobooks of Jung's on YouTube as well. Why hear it described by someone who heard it? Though that argument could be used against Peterson and his interpretations.

Am I drinking the punch, or in the case of Peterson, eating the meat? Idk. That's for others to conclude. It's terribly difficult to see oneself as one actually is, rather than other more preferable alternatives. And, in saying that, if incels have somehow rallied around Peterson, I must have missed that headline which wouldn't be surprising since I had to google black pill. But this goes back to the whole deal with culture.

Incels blame everyone else it seems, as if the supposed unfairness of their circumstances was a bad thing. Bad has brought about of a lot of good, such as Blues music. Bad is part of life. To want only what we perceive to be good is a weakness we wouldn't even admit to ourselves because that wouldn't feel good. I haven't followed what people who call themselves proud boys, antifa, or incels are angry about. The incel argument is what exactly, that nice guys never get the girl? They don't and it's because they aren't nice. No one is that nice, not really, not without conditions. Getting laid was their condition. An awareness of that part of them beforehand could have helped to prevent whatever it is they think they're going to accomplish.

If a guy doesn't hesitate to be blunt or even rude, at least the woman knows what she's dealing with. Overly nice guys are nice because that is understood to gain favor and eventually have sex. Like a politician wanting your vote and saying all the right phrases, kissing the babies, and smiling for the photo ops. Bill Clinton using his thumb to point, rather than his finger. This social media behavior has been going on since before The Brady Bunch, but always the double life gets exposed. That YouTuber who hit and spit on her dog, for example. YouTuber (abuse) / dog. Nice guy (incel) / single girl. The shadow aspect of the self. This is oversimplifying things, but it's late.

But the point is, the nice guy wasn't especially nice to girls before puberty. Puberty arrived and television said, be a gentleman. So he's hiding primal intentions to be socially acceptable, making him a danger to others if he doesn't get what he wants. Or he is so groomed that he isn't even aware of his inherent capacity for violence, which makes him a danger not only to others but also to himself. That is some of what Jung was getting at. To be made aware of that dark, instinctual and aggressive part of the mind, because it's there. It's had ages and ages to develope. Chimpanzees display it. Our ancestors wrote about having participated in it. And if it isn't examined or allowed to be explored within reason, it will manifest in groups searching for an outlet to impose that aggression out onto society, in order to have one's own mental imbalance actualized there, creating a false sense of equilibrium in the process.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

T
R
UMO
Old 08-23-2019, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

jungs a creative fiction writere with literally zero surviving contributions to the behavioral science literature op, hth