Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Default Discussion, would you prefer cities to be cities, or dungeons?

[custom content idea] totally just for conversation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was just thinking, what if they designed cities, exactly like they designed dungeons?

Instead of nerfing killing merchants and townsfolk because its too easy to do that in cities, what if they just made it as difficult as killing things in dungeons if you had negative city faction?

Im not suggesting turning every dungeon into a city either, rather suggesting turning every city into a dungeon.

I mean, its not like the city wouldn't re spawn? its not like vast swaths of these zones are not up basically all the time...

I think itd be cool to group exp in the darkelf city, or in the dwarf tunnels or kill the mayor for phat loots.

But once you're faction is tanked it cant go back up maybe and all cities would need to be designed to be as dangerous to navigate as any dungeon.

Idk

I think thatd be cool! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I disliked when they nerfed killing guards back in the day, but I also understood it was problematic.

Im curious how game breaking people would think it would be if every city was a level 55+ dungeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Have the GM's be like the Raid bosses or Mini bosses, that drop nice class specific items, or give title for when killed. (as long as they are extremely tough, and only the killing blow player gets the title)

Could allow this by having level driven GMS.. so n00b turn ins are lower level all the way to high level that way it would not interfere with players re-rolling or starting out.

I can dig it!
Old 08-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Banned

for da record dis my idea

so me agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me think citIeS sHoulD be turNeD inTo DunGeoNs iF donE proPerLY inSteaD of dA EZ MASS SLaUGHTeR GuARD pHenonMONomOMn U sEe in hOme TowNs
Old 08-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[custom content idea] totally just for conversation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was just thinking, what if they designed cities, exactly like they designed dungeons?

Instead of nerfing killing merchants and townsfolk because its too easy to do that in cities, what if they just made it as difficult as killing things in dungeons if you had negative city faction?

Im not suggesting turning every dungeon into a city either, rather suggesting turning every city into a dungeon.

I mean, its not like the city wouldn't re spawn? its not like vast swaths of these zones are not up basically all the time...

I think itd be cool to group exp in the darkelf city, or in the dwarf tunnels or kill the mayor for phat loots.

But once you're faction is tanked it cant go back up maybe and all cities would need to be designed to be as dangerous to navigate as any dungeon.

Idk

I think thatd be cool! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I disliked when they nerfed killing guards back in the day, but I also understood it was problematic.

Im curious how game breaking people would think it would be if every city was a level 55+ dungeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
used to do this back in the day on live. Was in an evil guild and we'd regularly raid freeport
Old 08-16-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

I always felt like the city leaders were left unitemised at release, and we're intended to have their loot tables filled out later (similar to what happened with naggy and vox). Some of the city leaders don't really serve any purpose but have some interesting fight mechanics (anyone ever fought the dwarf king?)
Old 08-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

I like this idea. Maybe even just adding loot tables on guild leadership and city officials would be cool to see, like jimjam was sayin

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always felt like the city leaders were left unitemised at release, and we're intended to have their loot tables filled out later (similar to what happened with naggy and vox). Some of the city leaders don't really serve any purpose but have some interesting fight mechanics (anyone ever fought the dwarf king?)
Its a real shame there's no big comeuppance with the whole "corrupted militia" we see in Freeport, Qeynos and Highkeep. Opal Darkbriar and Lucan both do so much manipulation to take control of Freeport and thwart the efforts of the Knights of Truth, Steel Warriors and the Academy of Arcane Science, but you only get to see it in quests most people don't do.

Instead all we get is Lucan as a minor fight for Paladin epic and Opal as a Wizard/Cleric/Necro GM (How many NPCs in Norrath multiclass? Miragul and Venril Sathir?). I know they are a little more fleshed out in EQ2, but it'd be really cool to see them as raid targets (or more realistically a GM event).
Old 08-16-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

I just started thinking, If Lguk was my home city, would I be like "Mew mew THIS makes me so upset! Everyone's killing the merchant!" or would it totally not be a big deal? There'd be plenty of other merchants to talk to down there (If they were merchants as well as evil frogs, and not just evil frogs that wanted to kill you, that is)

Man Imagine the cool crawl up the wizards tower In West Freeport! To defeat the 7 day respawning DARK BRIAR

Or the spooky crawl through nerriak foreign quarters where you farm the named spies from all over norrath.

The epic raid quests to raise faction to trigger the ringwar style event where the Temple of Bertoxxulous battles along side Leutenant Dagarok and his corrupt guards to take control of Qeynos!

Geeze Im getting to excited! It could be so cool and would add so much content lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Dwarf king is the best way to gain faction with Veeshans Peak.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

pasi your mo killins link doesnt work I need to click it every time u post. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread