Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 06:23 PM
Aviak

Default combat flee stun

Added in the February 10, 2019 patch.

Anybody else think the stun happens way too often and for too long of a duration?

I'm not asking for the game to be easy, but this thing is extremely un-fun.

I played live through at least Planes of Power and don't remember this being remotely like it is now on P99.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

There is only 1 thing that could potentially make me hate this game.

Being stunned another 1 or 2 million more times.

GOD I hate being stunned so much. Want to position yourself? NO NOT FOR 2 MORE SECONDS, want to look up? NO NOT RIGHT NOW etc.

When I'm raging I yell "ALL THIS IS DOING IS MAKING THE FIGHT MORE ANNOYING NOT MORE DIFFICULT I'M STILL GOING TO WIN."
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-22-2019 at 06:45 PM..
Old 08-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

They stunned your back on live but it was not this bad its ridiculous right meow.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Being stunned is the devil.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

This has been brought up before (pretty much like the day after it was patched in).

My personal "feel" of the mechanic is that the stun-while-running is a very classic needed update, but it seems to be happening too much...

I'm not sure how else to research the frequency of how it was on live without just relying on intuition and memory, which are obviously super flawed.

I'm not even sure if it stayed the same or decreased with level on live...I seem to think that it was higher at low level, but that is possibly just because I was more likely to be running from stuff at lower levels.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:15 PM
Aviak

Well, in the absence of any hard data about frequency, I'm hoping that if the devs read this, they see (again?) that this is currently very un-fun and can be backed off (frequency reduced, chance to stun made less, how ever you want to phrase it) to a more reasonable level. Maybe as much as half what it is currently.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Kobold

When you are running away from mobs and get hit, it's like being rooted. Might as well just make all the mobs proc a root.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:57 PM
Kobold

I doubt there is any likelihood that they could know the exact proc chance of this unless someone official has access to the code which is probably long dead, or perhaps one of the devs has a perfect memory.. and isn't long dead. As for whether it's 'un-fun' or not I could list thousands of games that I find so shit that I think they should just shut them down. Current live EQ to start and ending with some of the most popular games in the world. One man's trash. Is still trash - but some people like them. Regardless, being CC'd is never fun since it takes away your ability to play the game, but that brings us to the crux of your argument. The point of p99 isn't technically to make the game fun, is it?

I personally recall this resulting in my death many times on live. I'm not saying it's an exactly perfect proc rate, there's no way I could know, but if you don't remember it happening much I'd guess you either have a bad memory or weren't as awful at the game as I was and didn't experience it as often as I did, because I remember whirltillyouhurl simulator '99.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:54 PM
Aviak

Well, there's a line between challenging and just silly. My point in making this thread was to get people to weigh in, and I think that the consensus will be that it's on the silly side of things right now, and that maybe just possibly the devs might make a change to un-silly it. Is it the end of the world if nothing happens? No, but here's hoping a change might be made.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:30 AM
Developer

Parsed it from live. Calculated from logs. It came out about 12% per hit to stun.

Don’t get hit.