Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New Player Here

Hello all,

Started the other night and now have some time to devote to playing (just graduated from college). Does anyone have any advice for a new player?

Thanks,
Reignman, level 3 Enchanter
Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Drinks on me, up ya cups

Midnight comin full thrust!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Grats on your graduation man. I'd suggest starting off with a class thats easy to level and can solo well enough to generate a decent amount of plat. You could level a necro or druid or even a mage to 50+ in a few weeks and start raking in some plat if you are an experienced EQ player. Then once you've got a knack for the game again and a little plat to throw around think about a character you wanna settle on if a solo/farming class isn't for you.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

thanks for the advice Tassle..I may just do that.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

congratz on graduation and welcome!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

Start with this. It's for your own good. The in-game community is a lot like EQ back in 1999, very nice and helpful, however the forum community is a lot like 4chan and Reddit had a baby and that baby grew up to spend most of its time poking itself in the eye with the eraser end of a pencil. Doing the above helps negate some of that, though people often spill their crap over into other board sections. Also note that if you chose to ignore this warning, once you start you likely won't be able to stop.

From there, create the class/race combo that most appeals to you. If it's your first time playing EQ I would suggest, as previously stated, an easy class. But don't let that deter you. You gotta play the harder classes at some point to learn them.

Remember Everquest as it is today is nothing like Project 1999, just as Project 1999 isn't really like Everquest was in 1999..thus your best source of information is the P99 Wiki. Modern Allakhazam, and even archive.org's captures of Classic Allakhazam, will do you little good here. The client is modern (if you can call a 7 year old EQ box set "modern") and the content is Classic. This renders modern and Classic game resources generally untrustworthy. So we had to create our own.

Make friends as early as possible. Friends make the game much more enjoyable. While soloing is an option try not to be a recluse. Be nice to people and DON'T BEG. The thing about Everquest is the community is nice but picky. They're more than willing to throw away their time and even old items/plat for other players but they have to see you work, and struggle, for it yourself before they'll do anything. If you just log in and run up to random people and demand buffs and plat they'll give you the middle finger, likely call you a retard or a faggot, and put you on ignore. How it's always been.

Beyond that, never be afraid to ask for help. People are always willing to help. If there's anything I can do you can find me in-game. Have fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks Clark..the nightmare is finally over ;-)
Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

thanks Danyelle for the sage advice
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLogic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks Danyelle for the sage advice
lol I wouldn't call it "sage" advice but, no problem. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And like I said, don't be afraid to look me up if you need help with something. I'll do what I can.

Good luck! And grats on graduation!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Large Rat

Run away. Population is on decline anyways.
Closed Thread