Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Issues since the new patch 2/10/19

I have tried everything I can think of but still can't log into the game reliably. I have successfully logged in a few times after an extremely log wait time for the character to load in. Most tries logging in my characters don't load and I have no characters. When my characters load the game times out and kicks me back to the log on screen.

The few times I did log in I crashed upon zoning after timing out.

I have set the game to run on compatibility mode for xp service pack 2
Am running as administrator.
I have set my video card to run eq on a single core.
Have disabled my AVG
Have reinstalled EQ
Have re patched a half dozen times since the fresh copy of EQ

A side note, my internet connection is sub standard (1.5mb connection) but has always ran p99 without many issues.

I am wondering if this change has anything to do with my problem - Rogean: Netcode changes to throttle rates. This will result in faster loading times and possibly help (or make worse, we'll see) any desync.

Any tech savvy help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ive done some more digging and when I actually get logged in I crash upon zoning. This is my log for zoning I believe:

2019-02-11 08:35:28 TIMED OUT WAITING FOR MY EQPlayer (in GetZoneInfoFromNetwork())!! top = 305205480
2019-02-11 08:35:28
2019-02-11 08:35:28 Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
2019-02-11 08:35:28 nError is TRUE at C:\EQ\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:20261
2019-02-11 08:35:28
2019-02-11 08:35:28 Exiting normally.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I tested out the blue server and everything works fine. I can load in and zone without any issues. So my issues are strictly tied to the red server.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

More info:

I heard other people have this same issue and they connected through their hotspot on their phone and can log in fine. So I figured out how to do that and my log in problems disappeared.

I can't use my hotspot long term and would love to figure out whats going on with my connection. Something with the last patch cause interference with connection to red via my dsl connection but im still able to connect to blue with no issues.

Any suggestions on what i can look for or do to remedy this problem?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any suggestions on what i can look for or do to remedy this problem?
VPNs often help with P99 weirdness, they only cost like $5/month, and they let you download bit torrents without fear of your ISP getting upset. No guarantees, but it's one idea.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ive tried a VPN without any luck. I hear lots of people with the same problem and am wondering if anything is being done to remedy this problem?

Again before the patch there was no connection issues and after the patch I cannot connect to RED(where I play) but can connect to blue.

I can connect to RED on a phone hotspot without any issues so I know my files/client work correctly.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

I have been having the same issues that Rachels has stated.

BUT

Only for the Red Server. Blue is working fast and flawless, but Red server keeps booting me off when I cross Zones and giving me 1017 Errors on login. Most of the time I can't even make it to character select.

I find this very confusing since my connection to Blue has never been faster or more stable. Why would the patch have affected each server differently?
Old 02-14-2019, 06:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been having the same issues that Rachels has stated.

BUT

Only for the Red Server. Blue is working fast and flawless, but Red server keeps booting me off when I cross Zones and giving me 1017 Errors on login. Most of the time I can't even make it to character select.

I find this very confusing since my connection to Blue has never been faster or more stable. Why would the patch have affected each server differently?
I too have this issue, where I repeatedly have to login into account over and over until after some arbitrary amount of attempts it passes through to the character select screen. I can regularly reach blue server with one attempt, but with red it is anywhere from3 to 15 attempts.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was hoping with that brief restart yesterday that this problem was going to be fixed and when I loaded directly in I thought it was. Then when I tried to load into a different character I realized the problem was still there and I just got lucky. Will someone acknowledge this issue and look into it for us?
Old 02-17-2019, 04:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am a similar issue and hopefully it is related? I recently tried to return on a new computer with a fresh install, and have tried using various methods from compatibility mode to using Wineq to connect to the p1999 servers, but have never been able to connect to Blue reliably. From the server list, the screen will freeze, go black, and then kick me to the first account log in page. I have been able to log into Red more often than not, although after repeated failed attempts to log into Blue and receiving a 1017 error, Red will fail. Upon relaunching, seems fine. I have no problem connecting to other EqEmu servers, like EZ.
Closed Thread