Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-18-2022, 10:55 PM
Skeleton

Default Game freezing up every few minutes

Hi this started happening about an hour ago. Game will freeze up and stop responding every few minutes. I have to use task manager to end task. Anyone able to help this dumb boomer?

**edit...It happens on a new toon I made every time I turn on attack or send pet in to attack. This does not happen on my mage on another account
Last edited by Cerendipity; 07-18-2022 at 11:25 PM..
Old 07-19-2022, 01:16 AM
Skeleton

Remade the toon. Same thing. Deleted the toon and went into EQ folder and deleted everything with her name on it. Remade the toon logged in to Akanon and hit attack - everything ok. Transfered all gear re did all windows and UI. Zoned to Steamfont made a pet and attacked a skellie and froze again.
Its either Steamfont zone or her name. Every time I hit attack the game freezes up and I have to task manager out.
Last edited by Cerendipity; 07-19-2022 at 01:22 AM..
Old 07-19-2022, 01:40 AM
Kobold

Hey there, give these a try. Check out this video and then if the issue continues we will continue troubleshooting.

3 Ways to Stop Crashing
Old 07-19-2022, 02:35 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerendipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remade the toon. Same thing. Deleted the toon and went into EQ folder and deleted everything with her name on it. Remade the toon logged in to Akanon and hit attack - everything ok. Transfered all gear re did all windows and UI. Zoned to Steamfont made a pet and attacked a skellie and froze again.
Its either Steamfont zone or her name. Every time I hit attack the game freezes up and I have to task manager out.
Zoned into Gfay. Same thing. Logged out in Gfay. deleted everything in EQ folder with her name on it. Logged back in, attacked a bat and meleed it down - OK. Made a pet, attacked a wasp - ok. Going to go back to steamfont again.....for science

OK back in steamfont both meleed a mob and pet attacked a mob. Adjusting my UI 1 thing at a time and killing mobs in between to see if it's something in my ui set up doing it'
Well everything is as it should be and I am not freezing anymore - hell if I know what that was all about. Game just figured it would waste my entire evening I suppose. Bed time now - we will see if it does it again tomorrow