Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy503 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect: Of the top 5 guilds, I know of Devs in 4 of them. Ding, TU, Powerslave and BoN. with a Guide in Unity iirc.
Wait, the fact that not one but four of the project's coders are in guilds is supposed to be a selling point? Imagine if only Nilbog (let alone him and three other P99 developers) admitted that they played in Awakened (or any other guild): the entire server would have a conniption fit.

You being proud of the fact that four of the people who define the game have giant conflicts of interest should send any sane player running away.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-17-2018 at 10:54 AM..
Old 04-17-2018, 01:16 PM
Large Bat

More like, it ensures that one guild doesn't receive any gm help. Doesn't matter how anyone spins it. those who don't like the idea of the server will find ways to discredit it.

As I said to people, try it and form an opinion for yourself.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy503 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like, it ensures that one guild doesn't receive any gm help. Doesn't matter how anyone spins it. those who don't like the idea of the server will find ways to discredit it.

As I said to people, try it and form an opinion for yourself.
I LOVE the idea of an emulated server that goes to PoP. If P02 was even half the server that P99 is, I'd have left here a long time ago. In other words, I have zero personal reasons to discredit it; if anything I have a bias towards wanting it to succeed ... but the server doesn't need me to discredit it, it does a fine job all on its own.

Do you remember the furor that's happened here every time P99 has had a bad GM (eg. Derubael)? Those "bad eggs" didn't even have access to the codebase, let alone check-in privileges, but they still shook some people's faith in the server. Meanwhile players on P02 are supposed to just trust that the very people writing the code (with far more power than any P99 GM) can stay neutral even as they pick teams and play in that code? On a server with just as much history of corruption as P99, if not moreso?

Again, it's nothing personal against P02: I just think that's an absolutely terrible way to run any server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Kobold

So you expect people that run the sever never play?
Old 04-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, or at least never let anyone know they play. For all I know Nilbog could have been in my last group ... I mean, as far as I know he never plays, but he could. That gives the server the perception of fairness, which matters even more than actual fairness.

Plus, there are plenty of other EQ Emu servers devs can play on, so it's not like they can never play EQ again. It's just that they're gods in this world, and gods shouldn't need to slum it with the mortals ... or if they do, they should do it in a different form so the mortals don't think the gods are playing favorites.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's one thing to be playing on the server you are working on. It's another to be part of the only powerguild on the server in a position to advantage the guild, and then actively participate in undermining other guilds.

That being said, let them have their playground. I'm sure some people enjoy playing the game like that or being the underdog guild on that kind of server, but it's not for me.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Why yes, yes we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:53 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACEQUEST [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the update Swish
Aren't you supposed to be banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

isn't p02 the shady one where gm's stole all the initial code or some shit?

and devs playing with guilds?

hard pass on this one
Old 04-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Orc

Against all odds p2002 prevails and keeps exceeding expectations. Slander won't kill us, neither will the same 5 people repeating that they won't play on the server, get over yourselves the world doesn't revolve around you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PoP coming soon! Don't miss out
Closed Thread