Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

The concept of the right of self defense is thousands of years old.

Being a slave owner during a period of slave ownership doesn't mean someone has less of a right to thought, nor does it invalidate their logic. In fact, they were much, much more intelligent than you, so maybe you should shut up and learn something (but I also know you are uneducatible, so whatever, post more non-rational nonsense please).
Old 04-10-2018, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Yep 19 year olds with big ears and blood lust = right to self defense

Wts Jesus, y'all need him

PS: slave ownership is immoral
Old 04-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The concept of the right of self defense is thousands of years old.

Being a slave owner during a period of slave ownership doesn't mean someone has less of a right to thought, nor does it invalidate their logic. In fact, they were much, much more intelligent than you, so maybe you should shut up and learn something (but I also know you are uneducatible, so whatever, post more non-rational nonsense please).
extremely bad post you're an idiot
Old 04-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS: slave ownership is immoral
That is not a universal, never was, and never will be. Morality is ever changing. Slavery, drugs, prostitution, extramarital sex, you name it. Applying current morals on other periods of time is, well, idiotic.

Slave ownership is immoral to Americans in the USA in 2018.

There are places in the world in 2018 that some people consider slavery moral and legal.

About guns... whats really telling is the lefties are calling for the gun confiscation so that they can subjugate people that don't agree with them. Very frightening times indeed.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
extremely bad post you're an idiot
Nice logical response. Stay in school or get your GED. If you go to college take my course, I'll teach you a lot.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice logical response. Stay in school or get your GED. If you go to college take my course, I'll teach you a lot.
it only makes sense if your goal is to promote gun control.

"gun rights are good because slave owners were smart" is ridiculous and incoherent.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you guys understand that death is permanent? Statistics don't mean anything to the mother and father of a dead child.
Absolutely and everything possible should be done to minimize it. No normal person disagrees with this.

Quote:
Why is doing nothing, based on a shitty interpretation of a document written 250 years ago by slave owners with no ability to conceive modern weapons, less "bat shit crazy" than considering reasonable restrictions on firearms?
im not sure. I would suggest asking someone who makes that argument. I was only attacking appeals to emotion exercising faulty logic and without due consideration of the consequences (similar to the ones you've just made).

Arguing against the notion that something MUST be done is not the same as arguing that nothing SHOULD be done.

There is room for a dialogue, but entering the discussion determined to do SOMETHING blinds you to possibilities ensuring you'll never see the truth on the off chance you are wrong.

Can we agree on a few things?

Shootings of innocents is generally bad
slavery is generally bad
the age of an idea neither makes it good not bad
the moral correctness of issues exists independent of the person(s) embracing them

Let me know if you disagree with any of those.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

also, im not inclined to dismiss immoral acts based on "morality of the times." i liek to think that over time man has stumbled his way towards a less repugnant nature.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely and everything possible should be done to minimize it. No normal person disagrees with this.

im not sure. I would suggest asking someone who makes that argument. I was only attacking appeals to emotion exercising faulty logic and without due consideration of the consequences (similar to the ones you've just made).

Arguing against the notion that something MUST be done is not the same as arguing that nothing SHOULD be done.

There is room for a dialogue, but entering the discussion determined to do SOMETHING blinds you to possibilities ensuring you'll never see the truth on the off chance you are wrong.

Can we agree on a few things?

Shootings of innocents is generally bad
slavery is generally bad
the age of an idea neither makes it good not bad
the moral correctness of issues exists independent of the person(s) embracing them

Let me know if you disagree with any of those.
Something should be done

Hope this helps!
Old 04-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, im not inclined to dismiss immoral acts based on "morality of the times." i liek to think that over time man has stumbled his way towards a less repugnant nature.
You just defined the word progress. I agree 100%. To use the language of our founding fathers, your point should be self evident. Raavak must be Irish